Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Demonstration Event Richmond, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked how fast we can go and received this reply:

"You can take your Model S on the track but there will be a pace car that will limit the top speed to around 60mph. However, I am confident that you can still have a lot of fun taking your Model S around the track
"

Scheesh, that's all? A did 91 on the test drive, well....that's km/hr, for the record, of course.

Last edited:
I'm going to try to make it. I sent an email to Tesla saying that I am interested. Do we have to receive the invitation to attend? Are they only inviting owners in VA?

Its 130 miles to RIR for me, so thats a stretch in my 60. Even if I don't get on the track, I would need at least 2 1/2 hrs on a 14-50 or 5 hours on J1772. I hope not everyone needs the ten 14-50s at the track

I'm going to try to make it. I sent an email to Tesla saying that I am interested. Do we have to receive the invitation to attend? Are they only inviting owners in VA?

Its 130 miles to RIR for me, so thats a stretch in my 60. Even if I don't get on the track, I would need at least 2 1/2 hrs on a 14-50 or 5 hours on J1772. I hope not everyone needs the ten 14-50s at the track

it is our understanding that ALL Tesla owners are welcome. if you don't hear back from ownership experience please pm us so we can forward you a copy of the invite. like Biff67 posted on the Richmond September supercharge thread, Tesla owners work together to insure that the most in need will get priority.

Last edited:
I got an email back from Tesla that I was welcome to come (even though I did not get an official invite). I plan on being there. Between the local public chargers and the 14-50s at the track, just hoping there will be enough for all the owners. If there are really 50 coming, I would be very impressed for such a minimally publicized event.

Can we get a roll call of who's leaving NoVA when? Maybe we can meet somewhere and caravan down -- that might be better than RIR B-). I mean a bunch of us rolling in at once would be very cool and, in this case, it's all about the show. I know it might not be the best idea as far as timing the charging down there, but thought I'd throw it out there.

dockt -- leaving from Ashburn (or consensus spot) 11:30am-noonish

Last edited:
I knew there was a VA event but I didn't realize the scale! I have show tickets on Wednesday but I'm going to see if I can give them away. Any NoVA folks want to caravan down?

A

Edit : ticket given away. I'm in.

Last edited:
I'm leaving Ft Belvoir North Area at noon. Going to hit a NEMA 14-50 at a fellow Model S owner's business in Richmond, then we are going to drive together and get to the track around 2:30-2:45. He has two NEMA 14-50s, so if someone wants to caravan and hit his charger with me for an hour (I have a P-85, and I just want a little insurance range charge!), hit me up at [email protected] JT