Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
Model S and Model X vehicles are getting a new “Range Boost” software and a new display that aims to more accurately present the car’s range. Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk acknowledged the new feature on Twitter Wednesday after a Reddit users shared details of the update. The software update, version 2020.4.11, boosts he Model...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/03/04/tesla-deploying-range-boost-software-to-model-s-model-x/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Great White

Mar 4, 2020
Laguna Hills CA
How does this firmware affect my 2018 Model X? Any improvements for older Teslas? I see people constantly bragging about Tesla getting better with time, but seems like total BS when updates like this don't do anything for "older" models.

alexdav

Supporting Member
Nov 28, 2015
Long Beach, CA
How does this firmware affect my 2018 Model X?

Probably won't at all. I installed it on my 2018 Model X last night. The API reports my charge at 91% with a range of
256.43. That makes it at ~281.79 at 100%.

Otherwise, the notes are the same as part of the past 2020.4.x updates, so likely just bug fixes.

Cal1

Sep 22, 2013
Battle Ground WA
How does this firmware affect my 2018 Model X? Any improvements for older Teslas? I see people constantly bragging about Tesla getting better with time, but seems like total BS when updates like this don't do anything for "older" models.

I agree that they should be clear on which years are affected. They make it should like all MS's are affected even though they use a later model to explain the range increase. Not sure if our Sept 2017 90D will be affected.

BestRadar

Nov 14, 2013
NJ

I hear you. My 2016 Model S is horrible on Range... I had 68 miles showing on it the other morning and I had to go pick up something just 13 miles away. (26 miles round trip) It was 35 degrees and my range is so bad I did not even turn the heat on because I was scared I might not make it back. Turns out I made it back with 1 mile left. Seems that I get less than 50% of the posted range when its cold.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC