Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla design is so much more than EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember the first time I drove a ModelS I got back into my own car and it felt like stepping back into the 1980s.
Yes, there was the EV silent whoosh but actually it was that massive screen, beautiful clean uncluttered button free design that made it feel so new and different.

Step forward to the X and those Falcon doors - yes we all know they are a moment of Elon hubris but ask yourself would the ModelX ever have sold in the way that it does without them?

The Model3 deisgned to be profitable at a price, clear the unecessary clutter again and gone is the instrument cluster. Radical for sure, put a few people off maybe, but a carefully calculated risk and Tesla can sell every one they make and more.

The Cybertrck. The million mile motors and the million mile battery need a million mile body. Stainless steel from SpaceX it is then. Can't form the damn stuff and can only just about crease it, so there you have your design philosophy and the Cybertrck is born.

... and now every other truck looks like it is from the 1980's, even I'm somewhat sad to say the valiant Rivian.
Through brilliant design Elon and Tesla just owned the pre-and post apocalypse era

Very well said! When walking away, I still look back at our Model S and think "what a handsome car!" and we love our Model X. In my eyes, Tesla design has always had very clean surfacing and generally good proportions. The new Cybertrck design is aggressively modern, which I appreciate, and makes other truck designs look suddenly dated to me. Not everyone is going to like it, but I prefer the bold styling choice over something more mundane and designed not to offend anyone.

Reactions: jerry33
I remember the first time I drove a ModelS I got back into my own car and it felt like stepping back into the 1980s.
Yes, there was the EV silent whoosh but actually it was that massive screen, beautiful clean uncluttered button free design that made it feel so new and different.

Step forward to the X and those Falcon doors - yes we all know they are a moment of Elon hubris but ask yourself would the ModelX ever have sold in the way that it does without them?

The Model3 deisgned to be profitable at a price, clear the unecessary clutter again and gone is the instrument cluster. Radical for sure, put a few people off maybe, but a carefully calculated risk and Tesla can sell every one they make and more.

The Cybertrck. The million mile motors and the million mile battery need a million mile body. Stainless steel from SpaceX it is then. Can't form the damn stuff and can only just about crease it, so there you have your design philosophy and the Cybertrck is born.

... and now every other truck looks like it is from the 1980's, even I'm somewhat sad to say the valiant Rivian.
Through brilliant design Elon and Tesla just owned the pre-and post apocalypse era

It makes me think back to Musk talking about the Model 3 (or Model Y) design and saying that it might be a weirdmobile, but in a useful way.