Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Design Studio Now Legibly Shows Prices Before Savings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
The difference between purchase price and price after savings over several years could be roughly $10,000 Tesla’s online design studio was recently updated and now the first page offers a choice of two ways of showing the price of the cars: Purchase Price Include potential savings* * Costs above include potential incentives (federal tax credit)...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/06/05/tesla-design-studio-prices-before-savings/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Reactions: Ulmo
While I cannot come up with the reason Tesla chose to send a consumer down a custom configuration path advertising only a price that included savings for so long nonetheless this is a much needed improvement. Still, there is room for improvement. I would note these are still early days in the ICEV to EV switchover and a large percentage of visiting consumers know what their electric utility charges for electricity. Since these consumers are by and large successful, intelligent and forward-looking they also probably have a good idea how many miles they plan to drive their purchase. Tesla should allow the visitor to plug in these values directly in order to provide a calculated price that includes potential savings. Insofar as the cost of electricity Tesla could even default this cost to the local state cost of Supercharging.

Hey, by the way has anybody noticed the Model 3 Performance range has been increased to 310 miles? I wonder when I will see this range in my vehicle?

Way overdue, and still less than transparent. Configure a car, choose price before savings, and it still - too prominently- displays the price after "savings." The company has absolutely no idea what your savings will be. Only a calculator that allows you to enter the vehicle your new Tesla will replace, the miles you drive per year, and your kWh costs would approximate that.
Robin

Seems many Tesla buyers CLAIM they drive more after getting their Tesla. Wonder how true that really is?

side note: Tech Forum - he drives for business ~160 miles per day ~40,000 miles per year. So he claims great savings.
He owns 4 cars currently - Honda Civic is his "fun car for the week ends" which he had before geeting the Model 3.
Hope you find interesting: