TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Destination Chargers in Millennium Lakeside Garage

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by breading, Mar 15, 2016.

1. breading

breading Member

Has anyone used the destination chargers in the Millennium Lakeside Garage at Millennium Park in Chicago?

I am going to be staying at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park in a few weeks and there is no charging at the hotel. I was thinking about parking in the Millennium garage. Is it walking distance to the Fairmont (seems close on Google maps)? What was the daily cost to park in the garage? Any issues with the destination chargers? Are frequently in use? Are they difficult to find?

Thanks for the info.

2. ChadFeldheimer

Don't know about Millennium Park's garage, but there are 6 free ChargePoint J1772 chargers across the street from the Fairmont in the Aqua / Radisson Blu garage. You'll need a ChargePoint account to activate the charger.

They see regular use during workdays, but are mostly empty at night or on weekends.

In a pinch, there's also a SuperCharger at the West Grand Street showroom / service center. I've never been there, but word on the street is that it is often in use (by livery drivers or other locals).

3. William13

William13 Member

There are destination chargers at the Grant Park South underground top level western edge of south end.

4. breading

breading Member

Thanks for the info. I called about the Aqua garage and they said I would be welcome to park there. I think it was $40/day and the Millenium Park was around $30/day. Both better than the $75/day at the Fairmont.