Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Destination Chargers in Millennium Lakeside Garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used the destination chargers in the Millennium Lakeside Garage at Millennium Park in Chicago?

I am going to be staying at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park in a few weeks and there is no charging at the hotel. I was thinking about parking in the Millennium garage. Is it walking distance to the Fairmont (seems close on Google maps)? What was the daily cost to park in the garage? Any issues with the destination chargers? Are frequently in use? Are they difficult to find?

Thanks for the info.

Don't know about Millennium Park's garage, but there are 6 free ChargePoint J1772 chargers across the street from the Fairmont in the Aqua / Radisson Blu garage. You'll need a ChargePoint account to activate the charger.

They see regular use during workdays, but are mostly empty at night or on weekends.

In a pinch, there's also a SuperCharger at the West Grand Street showroom / service center. I've never been there, but word on the street is that it is often in use (by livery drivers or other locals).

Great news for Chicago visitors (if supercharge.info is to be believed) -- a 10-stall Supercharger is being built in the Aqua/Radisson Blu parking garage south of the Chicago River near Millennium Park. A superb location.

Every week or 2 I am downtown for a client and park in the Millennium Park Garage. This morning the 2 Destination Chargers and 1 J1772 charger were moved. Just moved north about 10 parking spots. The Chargepoint hookups which havent worked for a very long time were removed. It looks like that wall the chargers are located on are being wired for 8 new chargers in addition to the 3 existing. 8 brand new junction boxes right at trunk level all with wires that would support 40AMP chargers are sticking out waiting for chargers to be installed.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
So back downtown for the 1st time this year. As expected more Tesla only 40AM chargers were installed. Now the garage has 11 Tesla 40AMP destination chargers and 1 J1772 charger.
TeslaMPG.jpg