Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Destination Charging program.....is it still even a thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bro1999

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
I remember years back reading an article about how business owners could apply for destination charging installs where Tesla would cover (some or all) of the installation costs and/or the charging units too. Is this program still a thing? My father-in-law runs a small business and is looking into whether he can have a couple of Tesla units installed at his place of work. I did submit a site suggestion for his business, but have heard nothing but crickets (though it's only been a few days).

I guess if this is no longer a thing, he could just have a unit installed on his own dime, but if there is some incentivized program, might as well explore that option first.

Reactions: hiroshiy and Olle
It looks like they changed the Destination Charger program, to where you have to buy your own chargers and pay for your own installation now.

I remember stumbling on that page last year, while I was trying to find a way to suggest supercharger sites, and it used to have a form where you could apply for Tesla to install chargers for you.

It looks like they changed the Destination Charger program, to where you have to buy your own chargers and pay for your own installation now.

I remember stumbling on that page last year, while I was trying to find a way to suggest supercharger sites, and it used to have a form where you could apply for Tesla to install chargers for you.
So looks like the only real benefit to going through that website is he would be able to have his charging stations listed for Tesla owners to find via their cars/app.

Reactions: vanjwilson
So looks like the only real benefit to going through that website is he would be able to have his charging stations listed for Tesla owners to find via their cars/app.
And I believe when done through Tesla, the charger(s) can be set up where the user has to pay for charging. So while the wall connector(s) and installation would be the responsibility of the owner of the property, the actual energy usage would be paid for by the person hooking up to their Tesla.