TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Detailing, Paint Correction and Protective Coatings

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ClearwaterBchSteve, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ClearwaterBchSteve

ClearwaterBchSteve P445 / VIN 1794

I recently had our silver Model S Performance sedan professionally treated by Pete Borras of First Impression Professional Auto Detailing. Pete did a complete detail, paint correction procedure and applied G-Techniq protective coating on our Tesla. The results were astounding. The car was tough to look at because it was so bright and reflective after he was finished. The Model S looks better than it did when it was delivered to our home with 6 miles on it nearly 2 years ago.

Pete is a true professional and pays extreme attention to detail. After scheduling an appointment (via TMC communications) and arriving at his shop, he took the time to discuss the various procedures that he could and would perform such as cleaning, preparation, buffing to remove scratches and poor topcoats and then applying the desired coating. He offers many different levels of paint correction and a variety of coating options specifically for Tesla owners.

I am aware of a number of satisfied Tesla owners who have had Pete care for their vehicles and I completely recommend his company and services. He can be contacted via his TMC handle of FI Pete. His shop is conveniently located off i75 in the Sarasota, FL area.

PetesShop2.jpg

2. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    I am humbled by your kind words Steve...it was my pleasure to have worked on your Tesla and I'm glad to hear you're happy how it turned out. Thank you for your patronage. I sincerely appreciate your business

3. Science->Truth

While parallel parked, a pickup in front of me backed in to my nose cone with a trailer hitch and made a very gentle inch and a half wide gash in the plastic. Maybe max of eighth to quarter inch deep. Can that be buffed smooth given its plastic? I know the option of a new nose cone at several hundred $. -Alex

4. First Impression

Can you post a close up picture of it?

5. konefunk

konefunk Member

Nice to hear of such a positive experience!

6. First Impression

#6 First Impression, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Here are a few pictures of your car Steve..Sorry it took me a while to post them :wink:
    IMG_1962.png
    lots of water spots on all glass surfaces.
    IMG_1979.png IMG_1985.png IMG_1983.png

Black plastic trim was rejuvinated with the application of another coating specially for that
    IMG_1990.png

Final resuts
    IMG_1994.png IMG_2043.png IMG_2008.png IMG_2011.png IMG_2022.png IMG_2025 (2).png IMG_2033.png IMG_2034.png

7. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Pete,

After you did your magic to Steve and Robin's Model S, my sun glasses weren't enough to handle the glare off the car! :eek:

Larry

8. First Impression

9. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

BTW, Pete, have you given your treatment to both standard white and Pearl White Teslas, and have any comments about how the two compare before and after? Thanks.......

10. First Impression

#10 First Impression, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    Jim..I have yet to work on a stard white MS..I did a pearl white a few months ago. Turned out pretty glossy. This one was protected with Opti Coat Pro
    IMG_1530.png

11. ClearwaterBchSteve

ClearwaterBchSteve P445 / VIN 1794

Great pictures of our Model S Pete - it still looks fantastic. I've only washed it once since you did your magic! Thanks again for doing such a great job. Steve.

12. 1ton

1ton Member

Can you tell me the difference between G| Techniq and cquartz?

Also, how does the car "feel"...does it feel slick as it looks? I have been using Zaino on my cars and I know there are better products out there now. I am trying to do my research before committing.

13. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

My suggestion is that you talk with Pete Borras. He is one of the best professionals in the area and a sponsor here at TMC. He is very accommodating and will take time to explain the differences.

Just click on the this link to see some of his work and to obtain his contact information.

Florida Detailing, Paint Protection, Tint - Sponsored

Larry

14. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    At risk of sounding like an advertisement myself, I have just decided to go with Pete, even though I must travel to Sarasota from Miami to do it. Pete helped me to u deist and what I wanted for my car, and listed pro and con fir each option, but he did not pressure me to choose any single option nor to choose him. That gave me confidence, not to mention the universal laudatory comments here. Sometime in mid-June I'll report how it went fir me. I don't mention my choice because personal choices and preferences have so much to do with the decision. Pete really helped me make MY decision. I compared several others, all of which were cheaper than Pete. Sometimes it is true that you get what you pay for. For me, it seemed fairly obvious once I compared nearly a dozen options from a half dozen shops.

15. First Impression

#15 First Impression, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Hello 1Ton.

The major difference between Gtechniq Crystal Serum and CQuartz Finest (the professional grade) or CQuartz UK (the consumer version) is that Gtechniq will last up to 7yrs vs Cquartz that only last 2yrs. In other words, if you leased your car Cquartz is the coating I would recommend but if you bought your car I would recommend Gtechniq or any other long term coating that you won,t have to reapply every other year.

Here is a list of short term coatings (2yrs): Gtechniq EXOv2, Optimum Gloss Coat, Cquartz Finest, Cquartz UK, 22PLE, Modesta BC03, Ceramic Pro Light.

Long term coatings (5-10+yrs): Gtechniq Crystal Serum, Opti Coat Pro, Ceramic Pro 9H.

When searching for a qualified detailer to apply the coating on your vehicle, make sure he's an authorized detailer for such coating. Make sure you'll be getting the real deal and not some consumer version coating. Also, look for a detailer who offers a variety of coatings not just one.

I hope this answered your question. Feel free to contact me should you have any more questions or concerns.

16. linkster

linkster Member

Pete

I can't wait to see pics of the most beautiful, purest color S ever made :wink: !

A white S with gray 21's will be outragously SICK :biggrin:! !