Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla did the right thing got my P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my P90DL july and it came in same day the P100D was announced. There was no way I was taking delivery of it and already having old stuff. I called sales rep and told them they can keep the P90DL and order me a P100D.

For 1 upgrade wont happen until Q4 of this year and its still a upgrade even though I will would of paid same $10K as if I ordered it new only diff is I pay $500 for auto pilot but no big deal.

So they told me I would be getting the 1st one by end of Sept and moved my deposit over from the P90DL I ordered. Same exact build just P100D msrp is $162,750.

Not sure if they did this because I had P85+ traded it in on P85D trading that in on the P100D and also have 2 model 3 on order or they know it was right thing to do. Either way I am very happy in 4 weeks I will get P100D and not have to wait for mine to be upgraded and still knowing I have a upgrade car vs getting a factory P100D.

I ordered my P90DL july and it came in same day the P100D was announced. There was no way I was taking delivery of it and already having old stuff. I called sales rep and told them they can keep the P90DL and order me a P100D.

For 1 upgrade wont happen until Q4 of this year and its still a upgrade even though I will would of paid same $10K as if I ordered it new only diff is I pay $500 for auto pilot but no big deal.

So they told me I would be getting the 1st one by end of Sept and moved my deposit over from the P90DL I ordered. Same exact build just P100D msrp is $162,750.

Not sure if they did this because I had P85+ traded it in on P85D trading that in on the P100D and also have 2 model 3 on order or they know it was right thing to do. Either way I am very happy in 4 weeks I will get P100D and not have to wait for mine to be upgraded and still knowing I have a upgrade car vs getting a factory P100D.

That's great that they take care of you. I think that's what was announced for existing P90D orders not taken delivery yet. However, that's not true for those of us with order of X90D and which to upgrade to P100DL. I would lose my deposit for sure.

That's great that they take care of you. I think that's what was announced for existing P90D orders not taken delivery yet. However, that's not true for those of us with order of X90D and which to upgrade to P100DL. I would lose my deposit for sure.
I called HQ sales DP, they said they will talk to his manager about this. I am currently waiting for the call back. They also told me my X90 delivery happen next 2 weeks.

I'd guess they did it for both reasons -- you are obviously a very good customer and it was the right thing to do. Which, if you look at it from the opposite point of view, looks,just as good -- you are dealing with a company that values good customers, and also believes in doing the right thing.

Congratulations on your new P100D, and drive it in good health!