TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Direct Sales Map (US)

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by TMC Staff, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Prunesquallor

Prunesquallor Member

The process I used in Texas (Houston) was a little different:

1) Go to Tesla Gallery, get questions answered, take a test drive (by appointment).
    2) Put down deposit on vehicle configuration you want on-line. Gallery will search inventory to match vehicle you want (if available).
    3) Securing financing is buyer's responsibility
    4) Tesla sends paperwork, Tesla Sales Assistant (Las Vegas) in contact by phone and e-mail. Gallery has (evidently) coordinated inventory car with Tesla Sales Assistant. VIN and process tracked through on-line Tesla account.
    5) Return paperwork. Final coordination of payment with Tesla Sales Assistant.
    6) Tesla Sales Assistant coordinates initial delivery date
    7) Local Sevice Center coordinates final delivery and handles inspection and application for title and license (paperwork FedEx to owner).
    8) Local Service Center offers to buy old car

• Informative x 2
  2. mberta74

mberta74 Supporting Member

3. mberta74

mberta74 Supporting Member

Even funnier..... I heard the guy that wrote the legislation in Michigan barring the possibility of Tesla opening a store or service center in Michigan, is our new governors husband...

I wonder what the consideration will be now

4. Pluto

Pluto Member

I'm checking every weekend for yellow and orange states but it looks like there haven't been any new bills introduced since my last update (I tried checking daily and it was way too much work). It looks like Wisconsin and Michigan slowly introduce most of the year bills. However I don't expect to see a direct sales bill in Michigan since I don't believe there has been one in recent years (due to Tesla's lawsuit challenging the ban a few years ago). In Texas 2,800 bills have been introduced so far compared to 10,700 in 2017 and in New York 9,400 bills have been introduced compared to 30,300 in 2017. In Alabama the session begins in March while in Louisiana it begins in April. In North Carolina they just began introducing bills.

It looks like the rest are proceeding normally.

• Love x 1
  5. anonim1979

anonim1979 Member

6. Prunesquallor

Prunesquallor Member

Received this 15 February:

You’re invited to our Tesla Capitol Visit on March 6, 2019.

Join us at the Texas State Capitol for the opportunity to meet with legislators throughout the day and voice your support for Tesla in Texas. We hope you can stop by the Austin Club for a legislative breakfast to discuss the day’s event.

If you are interested in attending, kindly RSVP.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.