Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla disables autopilot in hk - just happened, very disappointing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
spoke to customer service when I went to get my seat belts checked - he said that TD has stopped them from updating anyone to 7.0. Those that got it previously got "downgraded" to disable the autopilot functions. Anyone on 6.2 won't get this version now, they are gonna wait until head office negotiates with TD to sort this whole mess out before sending any 7.0 updates out again.

Don't forget we are human and can't be trusted. Even < 1% of tesla owners don't obey the rules, accident will happen. I can't agree more some limits be in place on auto steer. It's better than sorry.

or can you guarantee there will be no accident if they don't use the auto steer? This function is to assist you to drive within the lanes but the ultimate responsibility still rest on the driver. Same as the power steering, abs, cruise control etc.

- - - Updated - - -

May be the guy (said to be the owner of the Tesla) and the reporter as well as the Government official in the TD don't know English, since the release notes do not have Chinese version.

- - - Updated - - -

There are also other features and improvements in this version, such as vehicle hold, tire pressure readings, improving air conditioning, TACC etc. why the TD did not allow any download of this version since Tesla can remove the auto steer, and lane changing functions remotely. It's not fair to those who don't download this version before the ban.