Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla disrespecting clients in Portugal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think I have ever met a portugese person who couldnt speak spanish.

But If they speak Spanish rapidly, with lots of closed and shortened or swallowed vowels and short syllables he could still have a problem understanding them. ;)

And if they can't speak Spanish, try French.

Mind you, I'm sure that "struggling with" means something different to a polyglot than to a monoglot and I'll bet they'll be fine.

Well, I think it would be difficult for a Portuguese speaker to understand me in Portuguese as my brain seems to resort to the Spanish word whenever it can't come up with the Portuguese word. This happens a lot without me realizing it. I have to get serious some day and sort this out but the reality is for my situation German is more important so most of the limited study time I have is focused on German. My mother tounge is English so I'm not worried about communicaton but our travel policy is that we always try to know the basics of any country's language we travel to...or at least any country we spend any significant amount of time in. It opens a lot of doors and allows one inside the culture a bit.

JMHO

Reactions: pcdefl