Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Disrupts Different

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC friends,

Regarding the next decade of the car industry as a whole and Tesla's status in that future, I've written this article about how and why it will play out while presenting a deeper analysis than I've seen anywhere else:

http://tesla.dauger.com/disrupts/

Tesla bulls are probably already convinced of the conclusions I state, so I primarily intend this article for the fence-sitters; meanwhile you get the first taste. Discussing these topics with friends in person and online, I've believed these conclusions for some time, but industry events in the months following the Model 3 introduction gave confirmation solid enough that I felt I should research it properly and write these conclusions down: the incumbents are impotent to prevent Tesla's selective dominance in the next decade. While Tesla is NOT following the prescription set out in Christensen's theory of disruptive innovation, I argue the results are just as dramatic. Please enjoy.

A good read, thanks.

The only thing missing is Tesla Energy. When I watched the reveal of the PowerWall and PowerPack, my first reaction was that they are also set to disrupt a far bigger market than cars.

Thank you. My focus here is on cars. I've had a pretty good idea about Tesla's impact on the car market since 2013, and I'm not the only one, but I don't think that's enough. So this year I could finally prove it and explain why the fate of the car industry is largely predetermined though the next decade. I think that's a powerful idea that I should write down and post now so people can put that question to rest. I want these words out there for those who have no idea it's coming. I think it's a done deal, but the TSLA bears still make this an argument.

And that's "just" the car industry. My hunch agrees with you: with SolarCity + Tesla Energy, Tesla seems like their going to disrupt another industry entirely too. Someone should write a complete analysis. Any takers?

Meanwhile, as a TSLA investor, my concern is that Tesla car execution doesn't falter because of the energy plan, but it's possible they'll pull off both.

Hello TMC friends,

Regarding the next decade of the car industry as a whole and Tesla's status in that future, I've written this article about how and why it will play out while presenting a deeper analysis than I've seen anywhere else:

http://tesla.dauger.com/disrupts/

Tesla bulls are probably already convinced of the conclusions I state, so I primarily intend this article for the fence-sitters; meanwhile you get the first taste. Discussing these topics with friends in person and online, I've believed these conclusions for some time, but industry events in the months following the Model 3 introduction gave confirmation solid enough that I felt I should research it properly and write these conclusions down: the incumbents are impotent to prevent Tesla's selective dominance in the next decade. While Tesla is NOT following the prescription set out in Christensen's theory of disruptive innovation, I argue the results are just as dramatic. Please enjoy.
thank you for a very nicearticle