Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - do you test your updates?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chudak

Dec 30, 2021
CA
Man every update Tesla breaks something :(

I keep Waze on my screen and with every update, Tesla breaks it.
After the latest update, the browser drops back to the Tesla screen every 5-10 minutes.

Anybody has found any solutions to this "feature"??

Thx

Set your software update frequency to Standard instead of Advanced:

STANDARD: Receive software updates using the normal rollout timeframe for your region and vehicle configuration. When a software release is made available it has generally been running on other customer vehicles for a period of time.

ADVANCED: Receive the latest software updates for your region and vehicle configuration as soon as they are available. Tesla determines how, when, and where to send updates to vehicles based on various factors unique to each release. Keep in mind that although you receive updates as soon as they are available for your specific vehicle, you may not be in the first Tesla group of Tesla owners to receive the update. Choosing Advanced does not enroll your vehicle in Tesla's early access program.

Reactions: whisperingshad

After the latest update, the browser drops back to the Tesla screen every 5-10 minutes.

Thx

Also if you are attempting to use the browser while not in park, that is the cause.

I haven’t updated the software in a long time in either car. I’m still on 2021.40.6 on both Model 3 and Y. I’ve read too much negative things about the current updates.
What make you think that version is any better than current version? Every software is written by people, who can and do make various mistakes. Your only hope is they fix any big errors as they find them. I update all my devices/software with any new update available. I always reboot my MY after every updates. It's been great for me. Your fear is likely base on some negative posts; the vast majority have no issue and have NO reason to post about an uneventful update.

What make you think that version is any better than current version? Every software is written by people, who can and do make various mistakes. Your only hope is they fix any big errors as they find them. I update all my devices/software with any new update available. I always reboot my MY after every updates. It's been great for me. Your fear is likely base on some negative posts; the vast majority have no issue and have NO reason to post about an uneventful update.
And that’s your prerogative.

I’m fine with the older version that I have. If I had the option to go back to an older one after I update, I would but Tesla does not give you that choice. I haven’t had any issues with my current version. I don’t want nor need a rapid update.

Reactions: mangrove79

Thx
My 2015 MS90D has this same problem after v11. Waze works for 5-10 minutes then the browser goes back to a Tesla start up screen & Google search. Reselecting the the Waze app works, but is "dangerous" in that it is an unnecessary distraction. Is this new behavior intentional? The browser screen cannot stay open for too long? If so, why?

Thx
I wonder if this is intentional to help prevent MCU’s from overheating.

My 2015 MS90D has this same problem after v11. Waze works for 5-10 minutes then the browser goes back to a Tesla start up screen & Google search. Reselecting the the Waze app works, but is "dangerous" in that it is an unnecessary distraction. Is this new behavior intentional? The browser screen cannot stay open for too long? If so, why?
Pretend for a minute your not talking about Waze. Should Any driver be searching or using the browser while driving? Guessing like games they are limiting distraction items while in motion.

Reactions: BnGrm and QUBO
Pretend for a minute your not talking about Waze. Should Any driver be searching or using the browser while driving? Guessing like games they are limiting distraction items while in motion.
I agree that web surfing while driving the car is not to be encouraged! I'll admit I've used Google a few times, while on autosteer, and it is clumsy, slow, and distracting and best left for a passenger -- and I have the MCU2 upgrade.

Even though TeslaWaze is accessed via the browser, it is simply open and observe -- except, as in the current version, when the browser goes back to a search page every 5 minutes. Of all the distracting web pages to go to, why pick a search page that elicits entering data and looking at the results? Or, in my case, having to bring up Favorites and re-selecting TeslaWaze. At any rate, if this is Tesla's approach to safety, I'd prefer it be noted as a feature or enhancement.