Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla does not accurately represent inventory level

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jonbob007

Apr 29, 2021
UK
So, ordered a Tesla from "inventory" in London, yes sir th2 car is in stock sir should be two weeks sir....a week after...er sorry sir that will be 8 weeks and it is on a slow boat from China. Next ordered a charger, "in stock" now they say I requested a refund and it is "out of stock". When will it be in stock, not sure sir! I am off to get another brand and cancel my order....

Sounds like my order from Overstock.com. It suddenly changed from in stock to cancelled and refunded per my request. I called them and said I did no such thing. Turned out they oversold inventory and didn’t have any more in stock so they cancelled my order. Misleading message to make it look like the issue wasn’t on their end. Perhaps, Tesla is up to the same shenanigans?

That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. You're missing out on an otherwise wonderful ownership experience by abandoning ship at the first hiccup though. The entire world is dealing with a massive microchip supply shortage that is wreaking havoc on supply chains. Still not an excuse for poor communication on Tesla's part, but depriving yourself of an amazing car because of one representative's poor handling of the situation is doing more harm to you than them.

I agree that the microchip shortage is a big problem. Maybe too, their computer data were not up to date. This is like 'throwing out the baby with the bathwater' to cancel the order and deny yourself such a magnificent car. Maybe you can re-think that.....