Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla does not repair crash damage at Service Centers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Recently bought a Model 3 in September and got into a minor accident this past weekend. The front left bumper, headlight, and fog light has scratches that I would like fixed. When I contacted my insurance agency, they called Tesla for me. Apparently Tesla does not do repairs in-house, but instead has certified body shops who they recommend.

Is this normal practice?? Seems odd that Tesla wouldn't do any repairs themselves. Would feel more comfortable if they fixed it vs a third party. In addition, the body shop they recommended does not have availability until the end of February, assuming the parts would be in that early. Does anyone have any experience with Tesla in this area?

Thanks for the help.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt and KenC
Hello,

Recently bought a Model 3 in September and got into a minor accident this past weekend. The front left bumper, headlight, and fog light has scratches that I would like fixed. When I contacted my insurance agency, they called Tesla for me. Apparently Tesla does not do repairs in-house, but instead has certified body shops who they recommend.

Is this normal practice?? Seems odd that Tesla wouldn't do any repairs themselves. Would feel more comfortable if they fixed it vs a third party. In addition, the body shop they recommended does not have availability until the end of February, assuming the parts would be in that early. Does anyone have any experience with Tesla in this area?

Thanks for the help.

Many "traditional" dealerships don't have body shops. They usually sub out the work. All that means is you pay more for it.

And the ones that DO have an in-house body shop are becoming more and more scarce ...

You're better off finding a certified body shop; you can find a list here: Body Shop Support - scroll down to "Tesla-Approved Body Shop Network" ...