TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla doesn't guarantee EV plates in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'New England' started by MightyHawk, Aug 30, 2019.

1. MightyHawk

MightyHawk Member

I am taking delivery of my Model 3 next weekend, and I asked Telsa to deliver it with EV plates. Surprisingly, they responded that they don't guarantee EV plates.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, how did you handle it? I have a trade in, so if they don't provide EV plates, I would simply rather just transfer my existing plates rather than get a new non-EV plate.

• Informative x 1
  2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

At the end of last year with the big rush they ran out of EV plates. Tesla never told us this but at the last minute we did a transfer rather than get a non-EV plate (we went from Model S->Model S).

• Informative x 2
  3. JPoldo

JPoldo Member

I wonder if they will guaranty plate transfer on a Tesla lease. I dont want to lose my nice EV plate.

4. BrianDS

BrianDS Member

I got EV plates in July. Didn't think to ask.

5. powaking

powaking Member

Took delivery on 12/31 (imagine the chaos). I asked for EV plates during order but on the day of delivery they told me that they ran out and had to put on a regular plate. I did go to the DMV to swap it out for an EV plate and it cost me $20 I think to do so.

• Informative x 1
  6. pcrow

pcrow Member

The ran out of EV plates when I picked up on June 8th. I still need to get around to getting my EV plates. I never bothered on my 2012 Leaf (which I'm now selling).

7. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

There are currently no unlocked privileges tied to an EV plate. It's not the end of the world to not get one.