Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Douche

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly we're getting a lot of BMW owners coming over, and if they make up enough of our population, Tesla will have the same reputation as BMW owners.

Before I got my Model 3, I was discussing it with a co-worker of mine, who commented that Teslas are great cars, but that Tesla drivers are a-holes. I didn't press him for details on the latter point, but that ship may have already sailed.

With all the ICING stories going around, perhaps the community is now on edge to the point of acting like idiots. Case in point: My friend parked his ICE car in a non-Tesla charging designated spot. This is at the SC in CarmelValley / Delmar. I am including a picture of this spot. All the charging spots are clearly marked as you can see in the picture, but this adjacent spot is not. When he returns to his car, a guy in another Tesla - pic of his license plate attached - comes out at him and basically starts a (verbal) fight and cussing him. Tells him he should have used common sense and not parked in that spot. Calls him stupid and tells my friend he has an MBA(?). The fight escalates and apparently other Tesla owners nearby defend the first guy as well. My friend then notices someone had used a sharpie and written a$$hole on his driver side window (pic included).

Two spaces... Two chargers. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand your'e blocking a EV owner from being able to charge.

Confronting and writing on windows is not OK but let's stop acting like he didn't know. The Tesla owner should have just been a good ambassador.

Before I got my Model 3, I was discussing it with a co-worker of mine, who commented that Teslas are great cars, but that Tesla drivers are a-holes. I didn't press him for details on the latter point, but that ship may have already sailed.
It does appear the general public thinks Tesla drivers are a-holes. Today my wife was accosted by a women in a parking lot ranting at my wife about her parking. "You Tesla drivers just think you're the *sugar* and can use two spaces, move it!" Now my wife wasn't using two spaces, like we always do to avoid door dings, she had parked in an end spot and had biased in the space away from the car next to her. On the other side was a cross-hatched walkway and then an island. When my wife politely pointed out she was inside a single space the women said, "oh, i guess you're one of the good ones" and walked away.

BMW owners have a reputation. BMW sales are lackluster due to Tesla.

Clearly we're getting a lot of BMW owners coming over, and if they make up enough of our population, Tesla will have the same reputation as BMW owners.

... I own a BMW

But I know what you mean about some BMW owners.
"I'm starting with the man in the mirror,
I'm asking him to change his ways..."

It does appear the general public thinks Tesla drivers are a-holes. Today my wife was accosted by a women in a parking lot ranting at my wife about her parking. "You Tesla drivers just think you're the *sugar* and can use two spaces, move it!" Now my wife wasn't using two spaces, like we always do to avoid door dings, she had parked in an end spot and had biased in the space away from the car next to her. On the other side was a cross-hatched walkway and then an island. When my wife politely pointed out she was inside a single space the women said, "oh, i guess you're one of the good ones" and walked away.
I had a guy hit my car with his door as he was getting into his car right in front of me
He rolls down the window once his wife backed out a bit and tells me next time I should park straight. I was parked straight but slightly to the right to avoid this exact thing since to the right is the pedestrian walkway.

The best part, this happened at a church
I wanted to tell him so bad how lucky he was that my wife (fiancé at the time) made me a better person because I would not have hesitated to scar his kids for life by beating the **** out of their dad in front of them.
Had this happened a few years ago I would be back in prison

The moral of this story is be careful who you approach in an aggressive manner. You never know how crazy the person you’re approaching can be.