Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Douche

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the ICING stories going around, perhaps the community is now on edge to the point of acting like idiots. Case in point: My friend parked his ICE car in a non-Tesla charging designated spot. This is at the SC in CarmelValley / Delmar. I am including a picture of this spot. All the charging spots are clearly marked as you can see in the picture, but this adjacent spot is not. When he returns to his car, a guy in another Tesla - pic of his license plate attached - comes out at him and basically starts a (verbal) fight and cussing him. Tells him he should have used common sense and not parked in that spot. Calls him stupid and tells my friend he has an MBA(?). The fight escalates and apparently other Tesla owners nearby defend the first guy as well. My friend then notices someone had used a sharpie and written a$$hole on his driver side window (pic included).

Frankly I am appalled by this behavior and that's why I am making this post. There are lot so other posts where Tesla owners moan and complain why their cars get keyed, or someone smashes something in their windshield and ask why o why? Well here is an example of why.

ICING is an issue, but behaving like a douche is not going to help matters any.

Ps: the mall security also showed up and they agreed with my friend. They said they'd raised the issue to their management as other ICE cars had also been parking there and gotten harassed. I don't know why Tesla didn't mark that spot, but that is no excuse for acting like a total douche.

Attachments

• IMG_6275.jpeg
    IMG_6275.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_6279.jpeg
    IMG_6279.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_6281.jpeg
    IMG_6281.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 375
In this scenario, everyone is in the wrong.
Seriously, you (ahem, your friend) drove all the way to the third floor, and parked in the corner spot without charging? Why Park there with an ICE - it takes a lot of work to end up in that spot - agree with the assessment on your window. Why not park in any of the other 900 spots not near a supercharger?

And folks that write on another's car and confront them in a hostile way... Life's too short..first world problems gone awry

I had a Model S owner dump a cup of coffee on my car and spit on my door handle because I plugged into the shared charger. The supercharger was over half full.
Some people are just dickheads
Really? What the ****

I have never encountered any tesla douches, not has anyone ever approached me when I was being douchy.. and I’ll be honest there have been times.

In this scenario, everyone is in the wrong.
Seriously, you (ahem, your friend) drove all the way to the third floor, and parked in the corner spot without charging? Why Park there with an ICE - it takes a lot of work to end up in that spot - agree with the assessment on your window. Why not park in any of the other 900 spots not near a supercharger?

And folks that write on another's car and confront them in a hostile way... Life's too short..first world problems gone awry

Gas read my signature. I own two Teslas and no ICE. You just showed the same mindset as am trying to address. Don’t be closed minded. The entire lot was full that day. The poor guy parks in an unmarked spot and gets harassed. We as a community and fellow human beings need to be better. If it means anything he is trying to save money to buy a model 3. He had no agenda. But everyone is on edge and defending factually and legally incorrect views as a result. If he had pressed charges do you honestly think the judge would side with the harasser? Or maybe you will chastise the Judge too for not knowing Tesla’s charging ports are on the left?

Really? What the ****

I have never encountered any tesla douches, not has anyone ever approached me when I was being douchy.. and I’ll be honest there have been times.

This is a candidate for an episode of "When keeping it real goes wrong". If you're going to mess with somebody's car, you better be ready for a physical confrontation immediately afterward. Starting a fight with a total stranger is taking a big risk, because they might just be more unhinged than you!

Who brags about an education after exiting a 5 yr old vehicle worth 30k... LOL.. Walking success story here. Elon needs to install a set of boxing gloves at ever supercharging station in case of emergency.

Well he didn't say he did anything with that degree! If a doctor were flexing they'd say they're a doctor, not that they went to med school. The friend should just pity him, bagging his groceries with an MBA and driving a car I consider my beater and make dump runs with. The other Tesla owners Makin him feel inadequate so he's itching for a fight.

Last edited:
Really? What the ****

BMW owners have a reputation. BMW sales are lackluster due to Tesla.

Clearly we're getting a lot of BMW owners coming over, and if they make up enough of our population, Tesla will have the same reputation as BMW owners.