Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla drag race special model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
Dodge is creating drag race monsters like the Demon, Hellcat etc, Ford and Chevy are bringing out supercharged super muscle cars, Camaro and Mustang. Tesla P100Ds embarrass most of them. What about a run of 500 stripped lightweight Teslas with Plaid mode or beyond just to keep the ICE boys in place, second place that is?

Once internet ordering ironed out: Tesla could "offer" special builds (even require a certain number of orders) and if they don't get enough orders they won't have to build them.

- Double battery pack Dragster special ? S200P - maybe use Maxwell capacitors to boost acceleration?
- Special Baja Model X ?
- Special Designer Interiors made with special fabrics ?
- of course you'd have to increase margins to allow for extra costs of special builds.
- offer special "kits/gliders/unpainted" to custom builders such as Gas Monkey Garage, Chip Fosse, Icon Hand Made in LA, Saleen, EVWest, Hennessey other similar builders. perhaps??
- Let Frans build something special?
- refurb old Roadsters - or offer special refurb Kit for original Roadsters

Not building for inventory, Internet Ordering and getting all orders with deposits in advance could allow for some interesting builds.
Or offering Just the parts to these builders.
Sadly, lawyers would probably have a field day going after Tesla... just cause that is what we do in America.

Anyway, Tesla/Elon could try some out of the box idea IF they need to create some extra demand.

</day dreaming business ideas>

Last edited:
Dodge is creating drag race monsters like the Demon, Hellcat etc, Ford and Chevy are bringing out supercharged super muscle cars, Camaro and Mustang. Tesla P100Ds embarrass most of them. What about a run of 500 stripped lightweight Teslas with Plaid mode or beyond just to keep the ICE boys in place, second place that is?
I was shocked to see numerous video clip of broken diffs and drive shaft U joints from Dodge Demons. Bracing being added and hope Dodge will "fix it" with improved diffs and U joints and bracing from the factory.

I was shocked to see numerous video clip of broken diffs and drive shaft U joints from Dodge Demons. Bracing being added and hope Dodge will "fix it" with improved diffs and U joints and bracing from the factory.
Drag strips use a tackifier to increase traction at the start. They were overdosing the tackifier which greatly increased the traction and load on the differentials. I bogged down when I started drag racing because of the unexpected increased traction, had to increase the rpm at launch a lot compared to a normal street.