Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Drive Unit for Model S 85, 70, 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla drive unit from 2014 December Tesla Model S with AP 1.0. It will fit Model S 85, 70 and 60. Asking 3000$. It runs great but has a milling sound which is common in such motors prior to 2015 Q3 models. It has 28000 miles on the motor.

Yes, you have to change the motor ball bearings, fairly simple if you can find the correct part number of SKF bearings. I have been trying to find that out for sometime lately and finally got it yesterday. It is BB1-1107 SKF. It is similar to SKF 6007, same dimensions but hybrid ceramic.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to change the motor ball bearings, fairly simple if you can find the correct part number of SKF bearings. I have been trying to find that out for sometime lately and finally got it yesterday. It is BB1-1107 SKF. It is similar to SKF 6007, same dimensions but hybrid ceramic.

Thank you for the part number. Have any brave souls attempted their own replacement?

let me know if it works. my drive unit completely gave out. The car doest drive and im trying to see if i can do anything. I have never done anything like that and you are the only person on this forum that even mentioned anything about replacing the bearings. so please let me know if it works when you finish it.