Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Driver's Group hat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was given one of the TDG caps when I placed my order. I already started dropping hints that I'm expecting some swag with the car - at nearly $120,000 you'd think they would throw in SOMETHING - but my sense is the days of the nice duffle bags in the frunk are OVER.

I was given one of the TDG caps when I placed my order. I already started dropping hints that I'm expecting some swag with the car - at nearly $120,000 you'd think they would throw in SOMETHING - but my sense is the days of the nice duffle bags in the frunk are OVER.

I'd be willing to bet that the fact those days are over might be, in part, due to this thread. I'm sure more than a few people started demanding more swag from Tesla at delivery, pointing to this & wanting the same. And I'd be willing to bet that as a result, guidelines came down from Corporate as to what swag could be offered.

Don't feel bad. I picked up my car 2 months ago and asked for some swag. They told me that was impossible and I had to buy whatever I wanted. :(

Yikes, that stinks. I got a shirt for me, one for my daughter. 4 hats (two of these TDG and 2 other normal store ones). A water bottle, keychains, and fob pocket. But I asked for some swag when I picked it up, they were very generous.

When did Tesla start handing out these TDG hats to new owners? I've never seen one. Got my S in Dec 2013, obviously long before these hats were available. Now I want one.

I got my car around the same time. In the spring of '14, I wandered into a Tesla store looking to buy a (different) hat for a friend. They said, "oh, you bought a car and didn't get a hat?" and gave me one of these from a big stack they had under the desk.

I also asked my service center in Switzerland about these hats and they don't even have them here. Any chance one could be shipped to me ? I would of course cover all the expenses and whatever the owner wants for the hat : ) It would be a cool item to have over here : ) :rolleyes: