Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla driving my car overnight while in for service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how to respond to this so I am just asking for some insight. My car is in for service, dropped off yesterday morning. This morning I open my app (habit, not sure what I expected to see) and I see that my car is driving. This is an hour and a half before the service center even opens (6:30 in the morning). Since it is in service mode I can't see any other details. I check the mileage and see that they put 30 miles on my car over night. I know that they do some body work off site and they are fixing a ding that was in the door when the car was delivered but that off site location is less than half a mile from the service center. That is where the vehicle parked when they were done driving it this morning and that door has been open ever since so I assume that is what they are doing today.

I already downloaded Tessi so I'll be able to see future movement and activity but I guess I am trying to figure out whether or not to be upset about this. I know Tesla in my area has been caught multiple times joy riding in a customers vehicle while it was in for service but I figured once they got called out for it a time or two that it wouldn't be an issue any more. Anyone else experience this? What did Tesla say if you asked them about it?

Curious how this shook out. My car has over 100miles on it now. Does Tessi actually work when in service mode. I watched them drive it for like 40 minutes this morning and put another 25 miles on it just this morning
I didn't make a huge fuss about it but Tessi did show a lot of data while in service mode still, including location, speed, trip history, etc but only from the point you sign up for it on, not anything from prior to that. I got my car back at the end of that day and it was an after hours touchless pickup. If I have to have my vehicle in for service again I will subscribe to Tessi for that month and watch it like a hawk.

I called them the next day and the service advisor tried to explain that they have to test drive vehicles for troubleshooting and to make sure that they fixed whatever issue it is in for. When I pushed a little harder and specifically pointed out that they had done more than 30 miles from 6 PM the day before to 8 AM that morning he told me that I would have to go through the service center manager to get any specific information. Took down my name and number and no one ever called me.

Don't rely on that too much while your car is in service. I use TeslaFi which should get the same data roughly, and I'm missing some pieces of information. For example I see one test drive that looks like they crossed the ocean from Quebec to Newfoundland :p
1663162699538.png

Don't rely on that too much while your car is in service. I use TeslaFi which should get the same data roughly, and I'm missing some pieces of information. For example I see one test drive that looks like they crossed the ocean from Quebec to Newfoundland :p
View attachment 852407
Yeah, but you can clearly see that this isn't legit. All the other information is still going to be useful.