Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla drops Alcantara headliners from Model S/X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the unicorns with premium interior and cloth headliner is the 100D that Kman drove in his review. This particular 100D is most likely produced in August 2017.

Thank you so much for explaining this. I saw Kman's video a week ago and was baffled why the headliner in a cream interior car was black, when our cream interior 75D had a cream headliner. I was thinking they must have made an error.

Our 75D was delivered in December of 2017, so by that point the problems had been corrected.

I realize it's a personal thing, but I think the Alcantara looks tacky. Reminds me of my mother's '87 Chrysler LeBaron. I much prefer the premium cloth and would have paid extra for that.

To each his own, I guess. When I ordered mine, I made sure that I was able to purchase as much Alcantara as humanly possible. Roof liner, pillars, steering wheel, door handles, bumpers, everything. Hell, I would have ordered an Alcantara battery cozy if they made one. So you’ll excuse me if I finish this note on my Alcantara keyboard and retire to my Alcantara recliner to watch a little Alcantara TV.

When I ordered mine, I made sure that I was able to purchase as much Alcantara as humanly possible. Roof liner, pillars, steering wheel, door handles, bumpers, everything. Hell, I would have ordered an Alcantara battery cozy if they made one. So you’ll excuse me if I finish this note on my Alcantara keyboard and retire to my Alcantara recliner to watch a little Alcantara TV.
Signed,
Albert Cantara

Good info (and humor), thanks guys.

Ironically Alcantara as an exterior material might actually fair not too shabbily. It is water washable after all, though I suspect the. Microsoft also launched the new Surface laptop with Alcantara keyboard... :D It really is a miracle material how easily it cleans with water - and sometimes with a simple eraser (e.g. ballpoint pen mark).