TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Blog Tesla Drops Price on 100D, P100D Vehicles

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by TMC Staff, Aug 30, 2017.

1. TMC Staff

Those considering one of Tesla’s higher end vehicles will be delighted to find that the company has lowered the price of the 100D and P100D versions of the Model S and Model X. A Model S 100D with 100 kWh battery pack now has a base price of $94,000, down $3,500. Tesla’s top-of-the-line Model S P100D...
    READ FULL ARTICLE

• Like x 1
  2. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

#2 Hotlobstah, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    I think the buyers at this level(can afford 100D and P100D) would appreciate upgrades/improvements vs. discounts. Could take a page from Apple's playbook here: never discount but offer new features etc. with every new release.

You can peruse TMC for the endless wishlist of stuff/improvements people would like to see in a Tesla. How about adding some of these features as standard to the high-end models and hold the price where it is? I think customers would be more enthusiastic about this(more cool whiz-bang stuff) over a small discount and I'm certain it would increase margins for Tesla as well...seems like a win win vs. a meh discount and no new features.

• Like x 1
  3. kort677

kort677 Banned

as the technology matures and production of components rise the prices will inevitably come down a bit.
    I remember the prices for the first flat screen plasma TVs were in the $4k plus area, now decent flat screens can be had for a fraction of the costs of the original tvs. the same scenario played out with mobile phones. While the price decreases for the tesla probably will not be as dramatic, innovation, competition will force reductions in prices.

4. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

Yeah, but I doubt P100D customers are in the "wait for tech to come down in price then I'll purchase" crowd.

5. kort677

kort677 Banned

encouraging waiting wasn't my point of the comment, I and many others bought a $5k plasma tv, a $1500. cell phone and a higher priced tesla.
    early adapters aren't driven by price points.