Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Drops Price on 100D, P100D Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those considering one of Tesla’s higher end vehicles will be delighted to find that the company has lowered the price of the 100D and P100D versions of the Model S and Model X.

A Model S 100D with 100 kWh battery pack now has a base price of $94,000, down $3,500. Tesla’s top-of-the-line Model S P100D with Ludicrous was reduced by $5,000 and now has a base price of $135,000. The Model X 100D was reduced to $96,000 from $99,500, while a Model X P100D was reduced $5,000 to $140,000.

The prices are in line with vehicle costs before an increase in April, though they now pack more options.

In a statement earlier this month, Tesla said that as they achieve better margins on producing vehicles, they intend to pass those savings along to customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ulmo
I think the buyers at this level(can afford 100D and P100D) would appreciate upgrades/improvements vs. discounts. Could take a page from Apple's playbook here: never discount but offer new features etc. with every new release.

You can peruse TMC for the endless wishlist of stuff/improvements people would like to see in a Tesla. How about adding some of these features as standard to the high-end models and hold the price where it is? I think customers would be more enthusiastic about this(more cool whiz-bang stuff) over a small discount and I'm certain it would increase margins for Tesla as well...seems like a win win vs. a meh discount and no new features.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski_
as the technology matures and production of components rise the prices will inevitably come down a bit.
I remember the prices for the first flat screen plasma TVs were in the $4k plus area, now decent flat screens can be had for a fraction of the costs of the original tvs. the same scenario played out with mobile phones. While the price decreases for the tesla probably will not be as dramatic, innovation, competition will force reductions in prices.

as the technology matures and production of components rise the prices will inevitably come down a bit.
I remember the prices for the first flat screen plasma TVs were in the $4k plus area, now decent flat screens can be had for a fraction of the costs of the original tvs. the same scenario played out with mobile phones. While the price decreases for the tesla probably will not be as dramatic, innovation, competition will force reductions in prices.
Yeah, but I doubt P100D customers are in the "wait for tech to come down in price then I'll purchase" crowd.