Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Electric Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the opportunity to attend a Tesla Electric Road Trip Event yet? What did they bring? Also what transpired and was covered at the event, just a "meet and greet" of current Tesla owners?

Thanks in Advance!

Ski

a) yes
b) a bunch of cars for test drives
c) provides a venue for owners to get their Tesla "fix" with other owners and employees
d) provides an important opportunity for future owners to engage/ask questions to existing owners

worthwhile event IMO

Reactions: Spenny818
Yes, we just returned from one in Stevenson, WA USA (Skamania Lodge).
We met a really nice bunch of people that we hope to see again. The Tesla employees were great. There were over 15 Teslas in attendance. The highlight for me was moving my car so Bonnie could charge her Roadster.
Go to a Road Event near you, you will have a blast.

Reactions: bonnie
Likewise, Dan! We hope to see you and the lovely Patsy (and her awesome shoes!) again. It was a great get-together, but the highlight had to be welcoming Bonnie to her new home -- the beautiful Columbia River Gorge! I would bet that there were more pics taken of her awesome Roadster then all the rest of the Teslas put together. It's an amazing work of art. The design just kills me. Drool, drool, drool. Here's what I mean:
Bonnies_Roadster.jpg

At first I thought the big Volvo SUV in the background of the above pic was ICEing us, but he/she was plugged in to the J1772. We are not alone.
It was fun sitting in a Model X and telling a potential buyer that almost all of the things I worried about owning a Tesla did not come true.

Yes, we just returned from one in Stevenson, WA USA (Skamania Lodge).
We met a really nice bunch of people that we hope to see again. The Tesla employees were great. There were over 15 Teslas in attendance. The highlight for me was moving my car so Bonnie could charge her Roadster.
Go to a Road Event near you, you will have a blast.
And thank you again. I have never run the battery that low - driving up the hill to the Lodge, I kept waiting for it to die. And thought about what a bad image that was for a party opening up more charging! I'm charging on 110v until I close on a house (leasing right now). And I cut it way too close.

Reactions: Irish Dan T
Likewise, Dan! We hope to see you and the lovely Patsy (and her awesome shoes!) again. It was a great get-together, but the highlight had to be welcoming Bonnie to her new home -- the beautiful Columbia River Gorge! I would bet that there were more pics taken of her awesome Roadster then all the rest of the Teslas put together. It's an amazing work of art. The design just kills me. Drool, drool, drool. Here's what I mean:View attachment 189600

Hah. We'll take it out on some nice drives up there. The weather is fantastic!

The Historic Columbia River Highway in Oregon is celebrating its 100th birthday this year, and is a fantastic drive -- with the most expensive rest area in the world. ;-)

Found this video of Vista House on YouTube:

Note, the Sandy Supercharger is less than 20 miles from here. :)

Here's an article from TravelOregon about driving the historic highway:

Driving The Historic Columbia River Highway | Travel Oregon

Gorgeous_View_of_Vista_House.jpg

Now, Bonnie, that iconic view is the best of your new home, the Columbia River Gorge. However, the view from Cape Horn on SR 14 across the river in Washington state is a close second. And 14 is a more fun drive in a Tesla than I-84! Especially a ROADSTER... sigh...

And here's a pic of the Columbia River, taken from close to Cape Horn by our friend Scott in his kayak, Looking East:

Scott_Dietz_Looking_East.jpg

You're going to love living here! :)

Last edited: