TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Electric Vehicle Owners interested in participating in market research

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MikeSearch, Dec 15, 2011.

1. MikeSearch

MikeSearch New Member

Wanted to buy a PEV, but you bought a PHEV or other car instead?

If you live in the Los Angeles area and have ever considered buying a PEV like a Tesla, or Leaf, but chose to rather purchase a PHEV (e.g. Volt) or a regular gas powered vehicle, and would like to share your views on why you decided against buying a PEV we would be interested in hearing from you.

This is part of a market research study by a leading utility company to better understand the issues associated with owning & operating electric vehicles.. The interview will take place with 2 executives from the utility company at your home on Wednesday January 11th 2012 in the afternoon for approximately 90 minutes & you will be compensated for your time. If interested please contact Mike at [email protected] by Sunday December 18, 2011

Thanks, and Happy Holidays to all

Regards, Mike

2. MikeSearch

MikeSearch New Member

A leading Utility Company would like to interview Tesla electric vehicle owners in the Los Angeles area who have purchased their vehicle during the past 12 months. This is part of a market research study to better understand the issues associated with owning & operating your Tesla. The interview will take place at your home on Wednesday January 11th 2012 in the afternoon for approximately 90 minutes & you will be compensated for your time. If interested
    please contact Mike at [email protected] by Sunday December 18, 2011.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Regards, Mike

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Does anyone use the initialism PEV? I assume that's for plug-in electric vehicle. We tend to use just EV and sometimes BEV (for battery electric vehicle). The latter I think being necessitated by hydrogen advocates rebranding hydrogen fuel cell vehicles (HFCVs) as fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs).

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Maybe change the thread title to reflect LA area only.

5. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I've used PEV in some of my papers but I usually use EV. I usually only use PEV if I do a study that looks both at PHEVs and EVs so I group them as PEVs so I don't have to say EVs and PHEVs over and over. Otherwise, I just use EVs and stick my research to those (I really don't like PHEVs at all). Now this guy differentiates PEVs from PHEVs which I have never seen before.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yeah, "PEV" isn't really used (much if at all). To some degree it is BEV ("Battery Electric Vehicle") vs PHEV ("Plug-In Hybrid Electrified Vehicle").
    Where Tesla/LEAF are BEV, and Volt/Karma (and new plug-in Prius) are PHEV.

Sometimes the PHEVs (like the Volt) claim to be a BEV (since in theory you could do a lot of short range trips and do almost all of your miles on battery electric, no gas), so I sometimes like to add qualifiers like "100% pure BEV", or "BEV/ZEV" ("Zero Emissions Vehicle") when trying to explain why a vehicle like Tesla or LEAF is really in a different category from PHEVs like the Volt.

Some people think of vehicles like Volt and LEAF as rather similar, but to me (and many others) anything with a gas fuel door, and an exhaust tailpipe is in a whole different category.

(Then there are those who use a term like REEV, EREV, EVER, for "mostly electrified" PHEVs...)