Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Electronics in the Tropics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience with a Tesla that spends a lot of time near a tropical beach? I’m concerned about whether they would experience problems with corrosion of the electronics.

I have a TM3 in Canada. I plan that sometime in the next couple of years I will be spending six months of the year in a beachfront house near Zihuatanejo. I would like to have a Tesla there... ideally a CyberTruck, but maybe a TM3.

Much of my electronic equipment there lasts only a few years due to corrosion. I gave up on having a stereo receiver after several tries because the circuit boards rotted after a couple of years. My microwave oven sparked out after a year. Washing machine motors last, but the electronic control panels corrode out after three or four years.

Replacing kitchen and laundry equipment is one thing. Replacing vehicles is a whole different matter.

Does anyone have experience with a Tesla that spends a lot of time near a tropical beach? I’m concerned about whether they would experience problems with corrosion of the electronics.

I have a TM3 in Canada. I plan that sometime in the next couple of years I will be spending six months of the year in a beachfront house near Zihuatanejo. I would like to have a Tesla there... ideally a CyberTruck, but maybe a TM3.

Much of my electronic equipment there lasts only a few years due to corrosion. I gave up on having a stereo receiver after several tries because the circuit boards rotted after a couple of years. My microwave oven sparked out after a year. Washing machine motors last, but the electronic control panels corrode out after three or four years.

Replacing kitchen and laundry equipment is one thing. Replacing vehicles is a whole different matter.
Could try asking in the Hawaii section, as I would think there was decent overlap of conditions for some areas there.