Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Eliminating Human Customer Support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to change the color of my order (that is supposed to deliver in somewhere between 1 and 3 weeks) and can't get any help. From other threads, sounds like my experience is 'pretty standard, really' </DrEvil>

Here's what doesn't work:
Polite Emails to SA
Phone calls to the office (2 ½ hrs away or I'd drive)
The live online chat support feature on Tesla's website (which they seem to have deleted entirely)

Here's info I can't figure out (can anyone?)
-Has anyone replaced Jerome Guillen as director of automotive?
-Does Tesla have anyone at the Fremont level who responds to customers?
-Is there any point of contact at all in the company if your sales advisor can't or won't help?
-Is there any mechanism anywhere in Tesla by which SAs are measured other than delivery numbers?

I had some apprehension about my P85D 7 years ago, and Jerome intervened personally to help. That was amazing. Times have changed. If you guys have thoughts, I'd love to hear them...

Tesla does not want to talk with anyone anymore.

Changing or Modifying Your Order

Can I edit my design after placing my order?
Yes. Log into your Tesla Account, select the ‘Manage’ button next to your car and select ‘Edit Design’. The order can be modified at any point until the final invoice has been created.
How will editing my design after placing my order affect delivery timing?
After placing your order, any edit to your car’s design has the potential to affect delivery timing, depending on the availability of the features in your final design.
Note: Reverting to your original design after editing may not return you to your original delivery timeframe.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ormond

Changing or Modifying Your Order

Can I edit my design after placing my order?
Yes. Log into your Tesla Account, select the ‘Manage’ button next to your car and select ‘Edit Design’. The order can be modified at any point until the final invoice has been created.
How will editing my design after placing my order affect delivery timing?
After placing your order, any edit to your car’s design has the potential to affect delivery timing, depending on the availability of the features in your final design.
Note: Reverting to your original design after editing may not return you to your original delivery timeframe.

Yeah, it seems like that would be the answer, but just like the chat that no longer exists, it is no longer true. The Edit Design button doesn't exist anymore, and the final invoice isn't anywhere near complete.

The SAs should also be able to tell you if a change (if you could make one) will punt you to the back of the line or be of minimal disruption, and do so without affecting your price. The online button used to just cancel your order and make a new one at the then-current price.

On the desktop site, if I go to configure a new Tesla, the chat box will open. You can try calling Greg in Las Vegas at 702-680-6370. Greg helped my with my order after I asked for assistance from the chat box. I hope this helps.

BTW, if prices have increased since you placed your order, you’ll be required to pay the current price. I also think you can call the toll free number on the Tesla website.

Good luck!

Yeah, it seems like that would be the answer, but just like the chat that no longer exists, it is no longer true. The Edit Design button doesn't exist anymore, and the final invoice isn't anywhere near complete.

The SAs should also be able to tell you if a change (if you could make one) will punt you to the back of the line or be of minimal disruption, and do so without affecting your price. The online button used to just cancel your order and make a new one at the then-current price.

Yeah, only way to edit seems to be through a delivery/service advisor or use the (hard for most) edit link tesla . com / teslaaccount / edit-design / RN# ... but, even then you can edit, but will see the new EDD of a brand new order and latest greatest pricing of course.

Yeah, only way to edit seems to be through a delivery/service advisor or use the (hard for most) edit link tesla . com / teslaaccount / edit-design / RN# ... but, even then you can edit, but will see the new EDD of a brand new order and latest greatest pricing of course.
The edit design hack doesn't work for everyone (i.e. doesnt work for me).

Second, I don't see anything wrong w the latest pricing if you make a change. Sucks. But it's what it is. Custom orders from any manufacturer will be the same way (which is essentially how you order from Tesla).

I have found chat works fine. But chat is during certain hours. Calling sometimes works. If you call, use 90745 or a busy Cali area, they'll get you to a live person (worked for me when ATL area code went boo boo land).