Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sceptical on the the numbers here. The range of a 100D is not 632km...it's actually 550km. 632 would be close to 400miles of range. Something I dont believe Tesla would just quietly introduce without fanfare. Likewise wouldn't there be some global announcement for 100D increased performance?
Europe uses NEDC which is different than EPA-cycle. Numbers have always been different. EPA is more close to the real world. I don't think NEDC number has changed.

I bet on bigger or lighter batteries before an interior refresh. What else is left?
I agree, but I'd bet on a total redesign within another year or two. There are simply too many advantages in production engineering, pack design and so on to wait too long. You'd think they could save 25030% manufacturing costs by a complete redesign. And that ignores performance improvements. After all the S is effectively a ~2010 design, so about time.

What is interesting is that the new spec cars with the new drivetrain (Post July 1st 2017 Builds) pretty much are P models of old. In order words, even just the RWD 75 New Spec has about the same Horsepower and 0-60 as a P85. So the 75D and 100D are pretty much "P"75D and "P"100D.

So at this point I think the P simply might be a marketing thing just to differentiate between the P100D and the other two.

Then again the top of the line P100D now has a +. So I think it does 0-60 in like 2.3 or something like that? So even if the other cars were able to go to 3.3. that still is a "significant" difference.
Did they bring back the "+" performance Suspension? That would be worth looking at..

Reactions: davidc18 and DIL
I agree, but I'd bet on a total redesign within another year or two. There are simply too many advantages in production engineering, pack design and so on to wait too long. You'd think they could save 25030% manufacturing costs by a complete redesign. And that ignores performance improvements. After all the S is effectively a ~2010 design, so about time.

Not to get off topic but while I'd favor an interior refresh (as many others do) I wonder how likely an exterior redesign would be (if that's included in your "complete redesign")? Seems to me they may consider a complete redesign only once they are able to have a more automated assembly line like the model 3. Just my two cents which is based on nothing.

Sceptical on the the numbers here. The range of a 100D is not 632km...it's actually 550km. 632 would be close to 400miles of range.

That range is computed using the NEDA method, not EPA. They have a different testing methodology. You can get a 100D to go 632 km (392 mi) by going at a speed somewhere between 55 and 60 mph (see the Range Per Charge section of Model S | Tesla).

Reactions: JohnnyG
I like the body style and hope they don't screw with it too much, I was more hopefully they would fix the crappy stuff, you know like:
  • Update the Navigation with Waze already.
  • Fix the multimedia interface add Spotify or a Tesla branded service that is better!!! (I would subscribe to that)
  • Upgrade the DAC capable of decoding high-res PCM-based files up to 32-bit/384kHz (Astell and Kern should be the benchmark)
  • Allow direct downloads from sites like HDtracks or TIDAL into the multimedia system without any down conversion. (limit to Wifi if it kills the AT&T oversubscribed cell towers)
  • Add a Tesla HD radio station that pushes High Resolution content like TIDAL.
  • Make the Arachnid forged wheels standard on the P and dump the overweight aluminum wheels over on to the non-P line.
  • Fix the fricking cup holders already - if I were a kangaroo or a T-Rex I would love how close they are - but my arms are 34 inches long. not 14 inches long.
  • Add a towing capability (I would trade mine in for this alone) - I have toys and kids and I want to tow them with a good looking car - not the midnight drunk hookup between a Dodge Gremlin and the Model S, sorry X owners but the body style just isn't me - my wife called it the freak when she saw it and pushed me for the MB GL.
  • Drop XM/Sirius and take their market - their audio quality is so atrocious - it doesn't belong in a Tesla.
  • Fix the ridiculous wind noise and work on reducing all sound levels (add noise cancelling just for the electric motors - this would reduce half of your OCD engineering types from coming into service to complain about inverter whine or motor whine -- call this the CWRS: customer whine reduction system!)
  • Add door storage capability
  • Fix FM so it works more than 3 miles from the transmitting station.
  • Bring Leather back - please. (Do I need to eat some more plant eaters to increase production?)
  • Look at adding carbon fiber where you can to reduce weight on the P model - not just cosmetic "lipstick" carbon like some vendors here push - but functional stuff like suspension parts that are heavy - half shafts, etc... pick the heaviest part (after the body, battery and motors and carbonize the P model only)
  • Add a Lithium low voltage battery or completely eliminate it and slave off the traction battery
  • Fix the LED headlights or go full laser for the best illumination system on the market (on the P only)
  • Talk to your customers outside of California - have special user groups to help upgrade the next design - outside of the usual Tesla -fanatics who show up to every event.
  • Have a owner loyalty program - this would make my 4th Model S... but I'm not buying until some of this stuff is fixed..
  • I have over 150,000 miles of experience with Tesla and I want to 1.5 million miles before I leave the planet.
  • also I don't care about auto pilot...you can stop development tomorrow and i would still buy this car...
This car I just upgraded with my imaginative/fantasy world mind would increase the Model S shiznit - several degrees becoming the totality of Model S!!! I've given this company well over $300K in business - you think they might listen....

Last edited:
I think he meant the Ludicrous + option, not the P85+ suspension.

If they were to bring it back, I suspect it would be with a little fanfare.

Everything at Tesla is with fanfare -- ...."look a Solar PV Shingle":rolleyes:... Didnt they come out with those 12 years ago?Solar shingle - Wikipedia. BIPV hasnt even started yet - when I can build a house with the whole southern exposure inclusive of the driveway and pool deck/apron, with Solar PV, I will stop yawning..

Last edited:
I got the same e-mail yesterday- I'm not biting. But if you wanted supercar performance - the new price is attractive.
if i'd just purchased a 100 prior to the fire sale, I need to wipe my shorts - I'd be so frustrated.
:mad:
when we bought an S last year, we had to turn around and sell it, as my better ½ decided she needed to be up higher, in the SUV version (sigh). So - just a couple weeks old & under 300 miles - we were barely able to sell it for $20k below what we'd ordered it for. If that were the case this year on a 100? I hate to think what the resale was/is now

This is the same discount deal we heard about yesterday for inventory cars, right? I didn't see where you can custom order a P100D and get 30K USD off.

Even if I could, doubt it would be worth the insurance penalty. :D

Edit: rereading the second post etc does look like inventory stated. I'll take the advantages of non-P like insurance savings and something to aspire to! :cool:

Last edited:
if i'd just purchased a 100 prior to the fire sale, I need to wipe my shorts - I'd be so frustrated.
:mad:
when we bought an S last year, we had to turn around and sell it, as my better ½ decided she needed to be up higher, in the SUV version (sigh). So - just a couple weeks old & under 300 miles - we were barely able to sell it for $20k below what we'd ordered it for. If that were the case this year on a 100? I hate to think what the resale was/is now
As I understand it, if you ordered within 30 days of a discount they retroactively apply it. Now if you purchased 31 days ago....

I feel like something big is coming...

Jeff
Me too - I fell for this last year and sold the wife's first generation P85 and picked up a discounted loaded new generation 90D - I should have waited - this time I will. Don't get me wrong the current car is awesome - but with a few tweaks it could be a market dominating machine that sets the standard for all others to follow. Actually pretty much every thing follows this car off the line, but I mean other elements beyond spine crushing acceleration and the silky smooth drivetrain.

I just got this email from our local Tesla gallery:

Hi [AmpedRealtor],

I hope this email finds you well.

I’m reaching out because we just announced an incentive on Model S and Model X P100D that I thought you may be interested in.

We are offering showroom incentives up to $30,000 off the original configuration price. This means you can lease Model S P100D for $1,500/month and Model X P100D for $1,600/month with 10,000 miles per year. Alternatively we are offering .99% APR financing or a cash purchase with the discount. These incentives are available for deliveries by September 30th 2017.

Lastly, we’ve reintroduced the Tesla Referral Program. You will receive a $1,000 credit towards the purchase of either a new Model S or Model X and Free Unlimited Supercharging.

It would be my pleasure to help you explore the options for a new Model S or Model X. If you are interested we can schedule a time for a call or if it is more convenient we can communicate via email.

Best regards,

Aaron Schenck | Sales Advisor
Is this a fire sale? What are "showroom incentives"?

I heard about this too. It is based on the "discount" in combination with the residual value. For example a fully loaded Model S P100D custom order would lease for around $2,100 but the same car is between $1,500/$1,600/ month. Model S 100D with the same options would be $100 to $200 more. I feel like there will always be something new from Tesla but if you want to perform his car this seems like a good deal. I just ordered one of the remaining 90D's and was satisfied with the incentives :)