Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be all those things. Or maybe the only upgrade is the reported 3.3sec 0-60 for the 100Ds (currently only being delivered in Europe) that might spur this. Plus a mounting inventory and the quarter looming during a pivotal time for the company.

We just picked up the last Model S Red P100D in the new Tesla inventory, and we got $21,000 of the MSRP price. It had 900 miles on it, but it had real leather seats. It was a tough call, but we wanted the alcantara dashboard and Full Leather, both options are now gone for new cars. Even with the price reduction on the base to $135,000 and the options combined, we still saved over $10,000 from todays pricing.

Nobody at Tesla can comment on the $3,500 upgrade seats in the configurations online. Plain cloth/vinyl seats are $3,300 less and for all plastic vinyl seats its $3,300 more.

For what ? Vegan seats? Come on, leather is a bi-product of cow consumption. They will not save any cow's lives by elimination Leather seats. The steering wheels are still leather but Tesla thinks customers will pay $3,500 more for plastic seats instead of the multi pattern black seats.

UPDATE: Now the price is only $5,000 more for a new car and all of the Next Generation seats are the same price. White, black, tan, or multi pattern. But they are all plastic not real leather. I wonder about the arm rests and the doors pieces?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
We just picked up the last Model S Red P100D in the new Tesla inventory, and we got $21,000 of the MSRP price. It had 900 miles on it, but it had real leather seats. It was a tough call, but we wanted the alcantara dashboard and Full Leather, both options are now gone for new cars. Even with the price reduction on the base to $135,000 and the options combined, we still saved over $10,000 from todays pricing.

Nobody at Tesla can comment on the $3,500 upgrade seats in the configurations online. Plain cloth/vinyl seats are $3,300 less and for all plastic vinyl seats its $3,300 more.

For what ? Vegan seats? Come on, leather is a bi-product of cow consumption. They will not save any cow's lives by elimination Leather seats. The steering wheels are still leather but Tesla thinks customers will pay $3,500 more for plastic seats instead of the multi pattern black seats.

UPDATE: Now the price is only $5,000 more for a new car and all of the Next Generation seats are the same price. White, black, tan, or multi pattern. But they are all plastic not real leather. I wonder about the arm rests and the doors pieces?

Lucky you got one. I literally just missed out on a red on white P100D inventory fully loaded with 19" rims for 150k cnd! (115k usd). Missed it by 20 min...arghhhh...was a demo with 2200km on it. Someone grabbed it while I was just getting my final lease approval done. Kudos to those who have already gotten a discounted P100...well done. Next obsidian black on white is 163k cnd (125kusd) for the exact same car but with 21" rims and same mileage. I just can't pay 13k more for just rims :(

Should I not take advantage of the 125kusd (163kcnd) one?? if I didn't see the red one first, I wouldn't have a comparison. Argh..

Attachments

• IMG_3229.PNG
    IMG_3229.PNG
    267.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: P100D_OSLO
EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings
Great guy runs this site and is active in this board..
here you can see 31350 off
Yeah that site is awesome.

The sale just seems like more tesla 1/4 ly window dressing. The market doesn't seem to care about profitability, only deliveries. So they do stuff like this to move the needle on deliveries.

P100D is also priced miles from the other cars so they have room to bring it down.

Finally maybe they're making room for a new monster.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Indeed. Make buying a Tesla rather unpleasant.

I'm happy I'm not in the queue trying to time something...
Timing Tesla models is like trying to time the stock market. It's futile, almost always. Almost. Always. Almost. Always. Futile.

See some options you like for a price you like that you want to keep for X amount of time, and get that. Don't see what you like, and don't get it. Wait and get something else. That's the only way.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I like the body style and hope they don't screw with it too much, I was more hopefully they would fix the crappy stuff, you know like:
  • Update the Navigation with Waze already.
  • Fix the multimedia interface add Spotify or a Tesla branded service that is better!!! (I would subscribe to that)
  • Upgrade the DAC capable of decoding high-res PCM-based files up to 32-bit/384kHz (Astell and Kern should be the benchmark)
  • Allow direct downloads from sites like HDtracks or TIDAL into the multimedia system without any down conversion. (limit to Wifi if it kills the AT&T oversubscribed cell towers)
  • Add a Tesla HD radio station that pushes High Resolution content like TIDAL.
  • Make the Arachnid forged wheels standard on the P and dump the overweight aluminum wheels over on to the non-P line.
  • Fix the fricking cup holders already - if I were a kangaroo or a T-Rex I would love how close they are - but my arms are 34 inches long. not 14 inches long.
  • Add a towing capability (I would trade mine in for this alone) - I have toys and kids and I want to tow them with a good looking car - not the midnight drunk hookup between a Dodge Gremlin and the Model S, sorry X owners but the body style just isn't me - my wife called it the freak when she saw it and pushed me for the MB GL.
  • Drop XM/Sirius and take their market - their audio quality is so atrocious - it doesn't belong in a Tesla.
  • Fix the ridiculous wind noise and work on reducing all sound levels (add noise cancelling just for the electric motors - this would reduce half of your OCD engineering types from coming into service to complain about inverter whine or motor whine -- call this the CWRS: customer whine reduction system!)
  • Add door storage capability
  • Fix FM so it works more than 3 miles from the transmitting station.
  • Bring Leather back - please. (Do I need to eat some more plant eaters to increase production?)
  • Look at adding carbon fiber where you can to reduce weight on the P model - not just cosmetic "lipstick" carbon like some vendors here push - but functional stuff like suspension parts that are heavy - half shafts, etc... pick the heaviest part (after the body, battery and motors and carbonize the P model only)
  • Add a Lithium low voltage battery or completely eliminate it and slave off the traction battery
  • Fix the LED headlights or go full laser for the best illumination system on the market (on the P only)
  • Talk to your customers outside of California - have special user groups to help upgrade the next design - outside of the usual Tesla -fanatics who show up to every event.
  • Have a owner loyalty program - this would make my 4th Model S... but I'm not buying until some of this stuff is fixed..
  • I have over 150,000 miles of experience with Tesla and I want to 1.5 million miles before I leave the planet.
  • also I don't care about auto pilot...you can stop development tomorrow and i would still buy this car...
This car I just upgraded with my imaginative/fantasy world mind would increase the Model S shiznit - several degrees becoming the totality of Model S!!! I've given this company well over $300K in business - you think they might listen....
Perfect.

Let me know which cows to eat, and where to send their hides. That's the one thing I don't need (leather), but if it pools us in the same group to get all the above options going (even if I have to wait for a used version later), I'm all in. Tesla's road noise problem sucks, and their stereos suck, currently. I swear, Elon's never owned a recent Mercedes, never lived where the roads are crap, and always listens to heavy metal rock! Heck, half the budget cars are quiet these days when you're at cruise speed (although the cheaper ones are quite noisy trying to do anything but cruise). But, in the recent Mercedes S and E classes of the last two decades, you can listen to decent classical music while driving past jackhammers and motorcycles up a hill in heat, and not even be distracted by the ambient outside noises; you know they're there because of the ample visual abilities, but they aren't audioally imposing. Also, fix that damn heater and A/C in the electrics; I know you're trying to save energy, but that's just one thing we can't save for, so go ahead and make it work. The increased insulation for sound can double as heating insulation. Perhaps a carbon fiber vacuum insulation plane layer in between other insulation?

Last edited:
How's the rear seat area?

It looks great!!

But the problem with room to carry more people is that more people = more stuff. My trunk area gets way more use that my back seats so the Lucid is a no go for me.

Plus the backseats look better than the front seats. I want my seat to be the best seat in the house. If my car can go over 200mph I want to be behind the wheel.

Jason

Reactions: Ulmo
Just got over $20k off my P100D Model S and 0.99% financing, thought that was normal for inventory cars. I have not seen any with $30k discount.

I also got $20,000 of my P100D when compared to what configuration would cost today after price reductions. About $27,000 if compared to configuration price in April when the car was built. Amazing deals, can't help but feel I've gotten a really good deal here. Unless of course the P120D is coming out next month or something...

Lucky you got one. I literally just missed out on a red on white P100D inventory fully loaded with 19" rims for 150k cnd! (115k usd). Missed it by 20 min...arghhhh...was a demo with 2200km on it. Someone grabbed it while I was just getting my final lease approval done. Kudos to those who have already gotten a discounted P100...well done. Next obsidian black on white is 163k cnd (125kusd) for the exact same car but with 21" rims and same mileage. I just can't pay 13k more for just rims :(

Should I not take advantage of the 125kusd (163kcnd) one?? if I didn't see the red one first, I wouldn't have a comparison. Argh..
I know this was yesterday, but hope you jumped on this! Very similar to the one I picked up here in Oslo (Silver with 21's and black leather +++). Was also the case that there was a blue one for $4500 less that got snapped up before I could make a move, but still an amazing deal on an amazing car. Go for it! :D

I know this was yesterday, but hope you jumped on this! Very similar to the one I picked up here in Oslo (Silver with 21's and black leather +++). Was also the case that there was a blue one for $4500 less that got snapped up before I could make a move, but still an amazing deal on an amazing car. Go for it! :D

Congrats! Silver is a great choice! I agree with you on obsidian black. However the family doesn't want black :( or I would have pounced on it by now.

We currently have a blue 90D and given we love the colour, the concensus is blue or red only. I even inquired abt wrapping the car in red which is abt 3k Can $...but not sure wrapping looks good or has any kind of guarantee on lasting well.

Reactions: P100D_OSLO
Have to say - Elon is right. I for one am unimpressed with some of Tesla's recent antics.

It also clobbers the wider resale market so all existing owners lose too - ie most of us here.

If Tesla offers massive $30K discounts this will become increasingly common knowledge to the wider public. High spec cars depreciate iro 25-30% in year one; doubling that to 50-60% is not an attractive proposition to even the most fanataical buyer. And if the top ones collapse in resale price, the ones further down the range get hit too

Furthermore this will damage future sales of top spec models in particular (ie those with the greatest margin and greatest revenue to Tesla) and will end up with market distortion with buyers holding off for quarterly firesales, pehaps only to be disappointed in a particular quarter and actually end up not buying at all.

Add to that reports of 100D performance improving to 3.3 sec which haven't been debunked yet, this picture being painted to me is that Tesla, not for the first time, are in a sales/marketing mess, and this mess is fundamentally of their own making and at the expense of their existing owners.

Nobody questions Tesla pushing the boundaries, however when they have no peers today for them to apparently trip over their own feet trying to outdo themselves is unseemly and ultimately damaging to ... Tesla.

Tesla would do well to remember

Fool me once ...