TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AmpedRealtor, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Okay, I'll give you that. :D All these onesy-twosy changes are sorta confusing.

2. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

Indeed. Make buying a Tesla rather unpleasant.

I'm happy I'm not in the queue trying to time something...

• Funny x 1
  3. Naonak

Naonak Member

Hey! Check out our "car!" You can put a golf bag in it! So... it's like... a golf cart. But more luxurious.

Heck, at least with a golf cart, you can fit more than 1 golf bag in it.

• Funny x 3
  4. DurandalAI

DurandalAI Member

My WAG.... Faster supercharging on 100D and P100D coming, announced alongside Semi. Just a WAG, no basis in anything I've heard/read.

5. yugsy

yugsy Member

It could be all those things. Or maybe the only upgrade is the reported 3.3sec 0-60 for the 100Ds (currently only being delivered in Europe) that might spur this. Plus a mounting inventory and the quarter looming during a pivotal time for the company.

6. hill

hill Member

heck, just doing maintenance on ⅓ to ½ of the SC's would give you a huge reduction in charge time.

7. DurandalAI

DurandalAI Member

No SuperCharger experience here, still waiting on my Model 3. Are you saying that between 1/3 to 1/2 of SuperCharger stalls are typically inoperable?

8. Naomi

Naomi TelsaMomLoverAZ

#68 Naomi, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    We just picked up the last Model S Red P100D in the new Tesla inventory, and we got $21,000 of the MSRP price. It had 900 miles on it, but it had real leather seats. It was a tough call, but we wanted the alcantara dashboard and Full Leather, both options are now gone for new cars. Even with the price reduction on the base to $135,000 and the options combined, we still saved over $10,000 from todays pricing.

Nobody at Tesla can comment on the $3,500 upgrade seats in the configurations online. Plain cloth/vinyl seats are $3,300 less and for all plastic vinyl seats its $3,300 more.

For what ? Vegan seats? Come on, leather is a bi-product of cow consumption. They will not save any cow's lives by elimination Leather seats. The steering wheels are still leather but Tesla thinks customers will pay $3,500 more for plastic seats instead of the multi pattern black seats.

UPDATE: Now the price is only $5,000 more for a new car and all of the Next Generation seats are the same price. White, black, tan, or multi pattern. But they are all plastic not real leather. I wonder about the arm rests and the doors pieces?

• Funny x 1
  9. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

#69 Navsarin, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Lucky you got one. I literally just missed out on a red on white P100D inventory fully loaded with 19" rims for 150k cnd! (115k usd). Missed it by 20 min...arghhhh...was a demo with 2200km on it. Someone grabbed it while I was just getting my final lease approval done. Kudos to those who have already gotten a discounted P100...well done. Next obsidian black on white is 163k cnd (125kusd) for the exact same car but with 21" rims and same mileage. I just can't pay 13k more for just rims :(

Should I not take advantage of the 125kusd (163kcnd) one?? if I didn't see the red one first, I wouldn't have a comparison. Argh..

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  10. xav-

xav- Member

I will let you guys enjoy the $130,000 car and will get the $56k nearly fully loaded model 3 with $0.00 off

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  11. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

Lol. Funny :) Kind of like saying I'll let you guys get the Bavarian M5 and I'll enjoy my 328i. Not quite apples to apples. The model 3 will be an amazing car agreed.

• Like x 2
  12. sakimano

sakimano Member

Yeah that site is awesome.

The sale just seems like more tesla 1/4 ly window dressing. The market doesn't seem to care about profitability, only deliveries. So they do stuff like this to move the needle on deliveries.

P100D is also priced miles from the other cars so they have room to bring it down.

Finally maybe they're making room for a new monster.

• Like x 1
  13. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

Timing Tesla models is like trying to time the stock market. It's futile, almost always. Almost. Always. Almost. Always. Futile.

See some options you like for a price you like that you want to keep for X amount of time, and get that. Don't see what you like, and don't get it. Wait and get something else. That's the only way.

• Funny x 1
  14. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

15. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

#75 Ulmo, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Perfect.

Let me know which cows to eat, and where to send their hides. That's the one thing I don't need (leather), but if it pools us in the same group to get all the above options going (even if I have to wait for a used version later), I'm all in. Tesla's road noise problem sucks, and their stereos suck, currently. I swear, Elon's never owned a recent Mercedes, never lived where the roads are crap, and always listens to heavy metal rock! Heck, half the budget cars are quiet these days when you're at cruise speed (although the cheaper ones are quite noisy trying to do anything but cruise). But, in the recent Mercedes S and E classes of the last two decades, you can listen to decent classical music while driving past jackhammers and motorcycles up a hill in heat, and not even be distracted by the ambient outside noises; you know they're there because of the ample visual abilities, but they aren't audioally imposing. Also, fix that damn heater and A/C in the electrics; I know you're trying to save energy, but that's just one thing we can't save for, so go ahead and make it work. The increased insulation for sound can double as heating insulation. Perhaps a carbon fiber vacuum insulation plane layer in between other insulation?

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  16. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

It looks great!!

But the problem with room to carry more people is that more people = more stuff. My trunk area gets way more use that my back seats so the Lucid is a no go for me.

Plus the backseats look better than the front seats. I want my seat to be the best seat in the house. If my car can go over 200mph I want to be behind the wheel.

Jason

• Like x 1
  17. P100D_OSLO

P100D_OSLO Member

I also got $20,000 of my P100D when compared to what configuration would cost today after price reductions. About $27,000 if compared to configuration price in April when the car was built. Amazing deals, can't help but feel I've gotten a really good deal here. Unless of course the P120D is coming out next month or something...

18. P100D_OSLO

P100D_OSLO Member

I know this was yesterday, but hope you jumped on this! Very similar to the one I picked up here in Oslo (Silver with 21's and black leather +++). Was also the case that there was a blue one for $4500 less that got snapped up before I could make a move, but still an amazing deal on an amazing car. Go for it! :D

19. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

Congrats! Silver is a great choice! I agree with you on obsidian black. However the family doesn't want black :( or I would have pounced on it by now.

We currently have a blue 90D and given we love the colour, the concensus is blue or red only. I even inquired abt wrapping the car in red which is abt 3k Can $...but not sure wrapping looks good or has any kind of guarantee on lasting well.

• Like x 1
  20. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

Have to say - Elon is right. I for one am unimpressed with some of Tesla's recent antics.

It also clobbers the wider resale market so all existing owners lose too - ie most of us here.

If Tesla offers massive $30K discounts this will become increasingly common knowledge to the wider public. High spec cars depreciate iro 25-30% in year one; doubling that to 50-60% is not an attractive proposition to even the most fanataical buyer. And if the top ones collapse in resale price, the ones further down the range get hit too

Furthermore this will damage future sales of top spec models in particular (ie those with the greatest margin and greatest revenue to Tesla) and will end up with market distortion with buyers holding off for quarterly firesales, pehaps only to be disappointed in a particular quarter and actually end up not buying at all.

Add to that reports of 100D performance improving to 3.3 sec which haven't been debunked yet, this picture being painted to me is that Tesla, not for the first time, are in a sales/marketing mess, and this mess is fundamentally of their own making and at the expense of their existing owners.

Nobody questions Tesla pushing the boundaries, however when they have no peers today for them to apparently trip over their own feet trying to outdo themselves is unseemly and ultimately damaging to ... Tesla.

Tesla would do well to remember

Fool me once ...

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1