Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To clarify - Elon is right in what he publically stated to the effect that discounting is bad and should not be repeated as it devalues the product. ...

This is a long term view of value, not a short term shabby quarter based scramble.
Ultimately demonstrating that Tesla vehicles have the lowest depreciation of any automaker will do more for the long term success of Tesla than most anything else.

I now look with shock at the discounts on offer and realise that had I bought Inventory from Tesla last Quarter I would now be staring at a 30K loss less than 3 months later. Had I been caught in this way I can guarantee I would be right up there as the most pissed Tesla owner around.
Buyer decides when to buy AND the seller decides when to sell
- i.e. you don't have to hurry to realize depreciation. What? trying to maximize depreciation loss? let it go.

Wait for 30 years and it might even go up in value? o_O hard to plan for luck - be thankful when you find it.

Have to say - Elon is right. I for one am unimpressed with some of Tesla's recent antics.

It also clobbers the wider resale market so all existing owners lose too - ie most of us here.

If Tesla offers massive $30K discounts this will become increasingly common knowledge to the wider public. High spec cars depreciate iro 25-30% in year one; doubling that to 50-60% is not an attractive proposition to even the most fanataical buyer. And if the top ones collapse in resale price, the ones further down the range get hit too

Furthermore this will damage future sales of top spec models in particular (ie those with the greatest margin and greatest revenue to Tesla) and will end up with market distortion with buyers holding off for quarterly firesales, pehaps only to be disappointed in a particular quarter and actually end up not buying at all.

Add to that reports of 100D performance improving to 3.3 sec which haven't been debunked yet, this picture being painted to me is that Tesla, not for the first time, are in a sales/marketing mess, and this mess is fundamentally of their own making and at the expense of their existing owners.

Nobody questions Tesla pushing the boundaries, however when they have no peers today for them to apparently trip over their own feet trying to outdo themselves is unseemly and ultimately damaging to ... Tesla.

Tesla would do well to remember

Fool me once ...
With so many other auto dealers/OEMs [in the US] doing so much better job, I'm puzzled by you even considering buying another Tesla. Will you at least wait for the warranty to expire? (be stuck with such a terrible car for 8 years?? How much is it costing you per year? Probably more than the gas savings, right?) Show Tesla, vote with your dollars. How many times do you have to be fooled? twice? </don't listen to me, I never bought a new car, sad isn't?>