Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla End to End: John O'Groats to Lands End

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few more pictures from one of the reception committee at Land's End:

Tesla 'End-to-end' | Facebook

240355_201154386595387_188278891216270_538456_23016_o.jpg

Where's the BBC coverage?!! :mad:

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to see that kind of coverage until it happens in mass production vehicle that's potentially available to the affordable to the masses. Even the Model S is stretching the price boundary out of the "mass" and towards the "niche/luxury" market. Having a $120-150k car do this is mostly just novelty outside of people already heavily aware of EVs.

Last edited:
Top Gear covers all sorts of low volume (even one-off) high priced machinery. I suspect oil sponsorship is the real reason for their "fair and balanced" (NOT) coverage of EVs. It really is inexcusable given the amount of public tax money they receive, and their mandate to serve the public.

If I was a tax-paying UK citizen, I would be contacting my elected representatives.

GSP

Electronic Design - Tesla Motors Unveils U.K. High-Power Charging Network

Tesla Motors Unveils U.K. High-Power Charging Network

Motorists in the United Kingdom won’t have to worry about finding places to charge their electric vehicles (EVs) as they take the historic drive from John o’Groats on the northeastern tip of Scotland to Land’s End on the southwestern English coast, as Tesla Motors has partnered with hotels and other tourist destinations to install a network of 10 high-power charging stations along the route.

I just watched the Fully Charged video and thought Dave and Kevin did a great job. It exciting to hear that Tesla (and other companies) are constantly working to provide public charging stations nation wide.