Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy App inaccuracy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still waiting for inspection and PTO but when I look in my tesla energy app during day time typically solar panels generate 25-30 kWh of energy and most of it goes to grid and I use only 10 % to my home despite me charging ev at home and using dish washer, two refrigerators etc, My question is why so much energy going back to grid instead of my home capturing it?

At night I do not see action in the app not even home pulling energy from grid or from PW,
I have settings to self powered mode 5% backup reserve

I am still waiting for inspection and PTO but when I look in my tesla energy app during day time typically solar panels generate 25-30 kWh of energy and most of it goes to grid and I use only 10 % to my home despite me charging ev at home and using dish washer, two refrigerators etc, My question is why so much energy going back to grid instead of my home capturing it?

At night I do not see action in the app not even home pulling energy from grid or from PW,
I have settings to self powered mode 5% backup reserve
This could possibly help.

Tesla Neurio Device Accuracy

Reactions: ngkl
I was recently updated to 21.20.6, which is my first time with the new look. What I am seeing is that at around 6:00 PM, all reporting (Production, Consumption, and battery usage)drops to zero, then at midnight it starts reporting again until around 6:00 the next day. As far as I can tell, the system is still functioning, just not reporting. I've had the update for about three days now, and the funny thing is that it didn't do it the first day, but has done it on day 2 and 3. Is this what you're seeing, and has anyone else seen this?

I try to reset the gateway, the button was deep inside and used a pencil but held for few secs, did not do anything

Attachments

• reset.jpg
    reset.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 42