Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy Branded Model Y - More electric work vehicles coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

willow_hiller

Apr 3, 2019
Maryland
A beautiful Tesla Energy branded Model Y was spotted by a Redditor in Glendale, CA today:

h84g3tubeax51.jpg

I know Tesla doesn't always use their own vehicles for mobile rangers and energy; it would be nice if they can use more of them in the future instead of continuing to use ICE. I don't know if they have any good replacements for the box trucks that transport panels, however.

Just looked up the Model S rangers, they just say "Tesla" not "Tesla Energy."

From the Reddit comments it sounds like this employee was working on fixing a Supercharger. So maybe Tesla electricians are working across the residential energy and automotive charging sides of the business?

yeah I've talked to one of them as he was fixing a Supercharger in AZ. He worked for Tesla Energy/ charging. (except he was in an old van drove down from CA )

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I know Tesla doesn't always use their own vehicles for mobile rangers and energy; it would be nice if they can use more of them in the future instead of continuing to use ICE. I don't know if they have any good replacements for the box trucks that transport panels, however.
By us, they use box trucks for the bigger stuff and old Solar City vans wrapped in the white and red Tesla Solar colors for the smaller stuff. When they have the doors open you can see the old green inside being covered by the wrap.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller