Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently getting a 6KW solar and powerwall installed this week.

For me the new 24.9p rate has more than doubled my estimated annaul electric bill from £245 to £537.

Based on attached quotes.

1659365869803.png

1659365917706.jpeg

Wow. I wondered if octopus could introduce that plan for non PW battery owners? But not sure I want it now :)

I suppose it depends on your solar generation vs consumption as the battery is irrelevant for your personal use.

Average household usage (not including space heating..) approx 5000kwh a year. So around 5kw south facing solar should generate about that much across a year and you would be roughly net zero on electric cost
Apparently they are looking at a beta tariff for other battery owners.

Still a good tariff, if as you say, you either produce more than you use (net export), or are a low user.

Reactions: Mrklaw
I am currently getting a 6KW solar and powerwall installed this week.

For me the new 24.9p rate has more than doubled my estimated annaul electric bill from £245 to £537.

Based on attached quotes.

View attachment 835341
View attachment 835342

almost £100 of that is standing charge which seems to be the going rate these days. Do you know your actual estimated usage from previous smart meter? is that 4539 is the assumed export from solar it seems a little low for a 6kw array?

Apparently they are looking at a beta tariff for other battery owners.

Still a good tariff, if as you say, you either produce more than you use (net export), or are a low user.
the slightly odd thing to me is the battery is there for Octopus' benefit so they can charge when it suits them (low wholesale price) and discharge when it suits them (high wholesale price/demand). There is no real benefit for you as a consumer other than to unlock this tariff.

Reactions: btc1k
I'm interested in getting onto the TEP after getting a PW and solar installed. How did you guys go about getting hold of them as there are no ETA dates after placing reservations for PW direct with Tesla. Did you go through a third party or order direct with Tesla then get a company to do the install?

Thanks

almost £100 of that is standing charge which seems to be the going rate these days. Do you know your actual estimated usage from previous smart meter? is that 4539 is the assumed export from solar it seems a little low for a 6kw array?
Hi
The usage is from my previous meter readings.

The estimated output is ftrom Octopus, but similar to my Installers estimate.
Probably seems low because we are in the North of England.

I'm interested in getting onto the TEP after getting a PW and solar installed. How did you guys go about getting hold of them as there are no ETA dates after placing reservations for PW direct with Tesla. Did you go through a third party or order direct with Tesla then get a company to do the install?

Thanks
Synergy Power supplied and installed everything for me including Powerwall. They cover Midlands, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.