Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla energy portion gone from Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During about half the call with rep he was clicking away at keyboard and at times talking me through / talking to himself about what he was seeing / doing ( other half he had me on hold once he figured out the issue of a typo on my account email) anyway he gave me impression that the account email is entered in various places in their system .. . my assumption was car for example is separate system and it was unchanged so still correct unlike home energy so that’s why it still had full functionality ? Also got impression that account email is entered in other area of their data base as just a visual reference as he seemed to recognize my correct email vs incorrect even before he double checked it with me … if that makes sense what I’m saying. This is all my impression from the call of course so take it for what it is
Yes, that would make sense that implies to me that the different parts, car and energy may be separate connected by a thread and if one part has an issue, like an email address, something in that part may have issues.
That makes sense as the energy division came after the car division, an add on?

Just in case you thought a lack of focus on software QA/QC was unique to Tesla energy;
a Bluetooth security researcher sounds off about a security flaw that enables bad actors to authorize themselves to drive Teslas.

Toward the bottom, the researcher opines that Tesla already knew about the issues and didn't care;
"My impression was that they always already knew and would not really change stuff," he said. "This time, there is no way that Tesla does not know about that poor implementation. So for me, there was no point in talking to Tesla beforehand."

All the best,

BG

Reactions: charlesj