Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla energy portion gone from Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As title states about 12 hours ago energy section from app disappeared, car still shows but cannot swipe to see energy section app. I waited overnight too see if it was just a Tesla thing and would work itself out .. found short thread where someone advised to sign out app/ remove app sign back in and it resolved for them …no go for me.
Anyone else suddenly see this ? Any other suggestions other than my plan to wait it out a bit then dread contacting Tesla support 😆

Hopefully tier 1 can help you on the phone. Something must have gotten unliked from your tesla account. have you checked your inverters etc to see if you are still producing energy?
yea i figured may have to contact tesla .. trying to avoid it ...😝
have not logged into teg but i can with fair certainty tell batt / panels functioning correct and with my most recent mode settings based on sce hourly website and the soothing green lights of the powerwalls .. went from no use to heavy use of batt just as peak hit yesterday

Last edited:
so this was solved .. how solved not that interesting called energy support (duh) pressed final option for powerwall support (not app support)
reason the support tech gave was that my account email was entered incorrectly in one of their systems .. he stated recent updates ... they had added an extra letter to my email apparently 😝
To me that they could insert a extra letter in your email address speaks volumes about QA/QC and process, or lack of it. Wow.

All the best,

BG

Similar thing just happened to me. Powerwalls disappeared from app, while still visible in the web portal on tesla.com. Our Model 3 was still visible in app and web. Called support and the Powerwalls were linked to one of our old, and now cancelled accounts; According to the rep, we had a couple old/cancelled accounts. It took maybe 5 minutes for the rep to sort out.

The one other interesting thing that came up: Our account was originally created by my wife, under her name and email. Since I manage everything, I change the email and name to mine a couple years ago. The rep was saying our account still shows up under my wife's name and email on their side. I thought that was interesting because I can't see that information at all in the app or tesla.com. I just have to remember to tell them my wife's email when I call support from now on.

To me that they could insert a extra letter in your email address speaks volumes about QA/QC and process, or lack of it. Wow.

All the best,

BG

It does sound bad, thats for sure. With that being said, I am going to make the assumption (I know, I know, assuming..... lol) that, based on what @Electrph said about "recent updates" is playing a role here.

Just guessing as I said, but it sounds like they are either upgrading something or switching some system that is handling data, and had to do a export / import of a large amount of data from one system to another (or to an updated version of some system) and it handles data "slightly" different or something.

Perhaps there was a leading or following blank character or something. Im not a database administrator but have seen "data issues" with large imports of data from one source to another that I have had impact end users before.

Its either that, or as @Marty3SR+ said, "the people doing the manual re typing of all the names made a mistake", lol.. man I hope it isnt that :p

so this was solved .. how solved not that interesting called energy support (duh) pressed final option for powerwall support (not app support)
reason the support tech gave was that my account email was entered incorrectly in one of their systems .. he stated recent updates ... they had added an extra letter to my email apparently 😝
But, why would that affect only one part and not all?

But, why would that affect only one part and not all?
Can we talk about Tesla and QA/QC?

"Past performance is not a guarantee of future results", and all that, but Tesla has sure looked like a "run fast, and break things" operation in the past...

Can we imagine what the source code would have to look like for a typographical error in an email to turn off functionality? (And why would a subsidiary piece of code have a different check for account state/status from the main code?)

Rant over.

I think idiosyncrasies come with the territory, but every once in awhile, I do look at something and think "Really?" and then remind myself that SpaceX has transformed orbital access and communication, Powerwalls keep me from firing up my generator four to six times a year, and a whole bunch of folks are now driving vehicles that run on electricity.

But you won't catch me using Tesla "Full Self-Driving Capability" any time soon.

All the best,

BG

Reactions: Marty3SR+
I'm afraid that Tesla is like other software companies I've worked for where the head of the department/company is focused on only his own pet interest, and not the "unimportant" stuff like UI, etc. For Elon, it would be the AI software. Companies I worked for it was often the server side of client/server. Unfortunately, I was a lowly GUI programmer. Often, the users would get blamed: "They shouldn't do that!"

• Love
Reactions: BGbreeder
By one part you mean the energy section of the app and not the car section ?
if so you got me … I probably know the least of how these data systems function of anyone on here 😂
That. But while that is all that was mentioned wonder if the Impact section is affected as well of the settings, go of grid, support.
No idea about coding but it is interesting it only would affect one part, not all the others or other parts of others, like the car section.
Just curious.

That. But while that is all that was mentioned wonder if the Impact section is affected as well of the settings, go of grid, support.
No idea about coding but it is interesting it only would affect one part, not all the others or other parts of others, like the car section.
Just curious.
During about half the call with rep he was clicking away at keyboard and at times talking me through / talking to himself about what he was seeing / doing ( other half he had me on hold once he figured out the issue of a typo on my account email) anyway he gave me impression that the account email is entered in various places in their system .. . my assumption was car for example is separate system and it was unchanged so still correct unlike home energy so that’s why it still had full functionality ? Also got impression that account email is entered in other area of their data base as just a visual reference as he seemed to recognize my correct email vs incorrect even before he double checked it with me … if that makes sense what I’m saying. This is all my impression from the call of course so take it for what it is

Reactions: charlesj