Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy vs Other Companies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honeywell and FREYR collaborate to deploy Energy Storage Solutions…

Honeywell and Freyr collaborate to deploy Energy Storage Solutions via Next-Generation battery cells.

The battery cells produced through this project can be utilized by “behind-the-meter” or industrial locations, as well as “front-of-the-meter” locations like large solar and wind renewable power generation sites.

“Battery storage will play a crucial role as organizations transition to clean power generation,” said Tom Einar Jensen, FREYR’s Chief Executive Officer. “Honeywell is an ideal partner with world class teams, technology and industrial expertise and our shared commitment to decarbonizing the global energy systems sector will serve as the foundation for our continued work together. Today’s announcement is also an important milestone as we advance to a potential first half 2022 Final Investment Decision (“FID”) on our first Gigafactory in Mo i Rana, Norway.”

It's all about the batteries!

Modern energy distribution require batteries to balance the power from solar, wind and others. Tesla are making great products here.

Other companies? What do you know?
I would say “it’s all about the customer service”.

Which puts Tesla Energy dead last. Have you ever dealt with them personally?

Having a great product is one thing. If you cannot deploy it, what good is it?

I would say “it’s all about the customer service”.

Which puts Tesla Energy dead last. Have you ever dealt with them personally?

Having a great product is one thing. If you cannot deploy it, what good is it?
Doubt it. Do you believe the customer service is what prevents Tesla Energy from growing faster? If they could accelerate (need batteries), then they would invest in customer service. It only makes sense to do so bigly when you're sure you can scale.

Doubt it. Do you believe the customer service is what prevents Tesla Energy from growing faster? If they could accelerate (need batteries), then they would invest in customer service. It only makes sense to do so bigly when you're sure you can scale.
Disagree. They had batteries for my install but were so incompetent, they couldn’t get the job done. It was all CS-related issues.

The forum is littered with similar experiences. I have never seen anyone say anything good about an experience with Tesla Energy.

Disagree. They had batteries for my install but were so incompetent, they couldn’t get the job done. It was all CS-related issues.

The forum is littered with similar experiences. I have never seen anyone say anything good about an experience with Tesla Energy.

So which company did you buy your powerwalls from - to get the thread back on track?

It's all about the batteries!

Modern energy distribution require batteries to balance the power from solar, wind and others. Tesla are making great products here.

Other companies? What do you know?
A bunch of companies like Sonnen sell home batteries, but none have anywhere near Elon's consumer marketing savvy so their volumes are small.

The utility space is competitive. Tesla does well in Australia, elsewhere there's a pattern of doing a deal with Tesla for PR then doing bigger deals with others. Five years ago Tesla's 20 MW / 80 MWh "world's biggest" system installed in response to Southern California's Aliso Canyon gas leak got major press, while the simultaneous 20/80 and 30/120 deals with Greensmith and AES (now Fluence) went mostly unnoticed. Similarly, Tesla's 13/52 system in Kauai made national news vs. nothing for the larger deals Kauai did with AES. And Tesla's latest "world's biggest" Moss Landing installation in California has a bigger Dynegy system literally on the same property. I've even seen articles with drone footage that shows the Dynegy buildings but never acknowledges they exist.

A lot of installations are "behind the meter" at large wind/solar farms. Lower inverter/connection costs and higher prices for steady/dispatchable power offset the battery cost. These systems are mostly unbranded. I assume Tesla wins some of these deals, but they're hard to track.

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420