Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy's Competition?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the panel side just about anyone. However if you are looking at battery’s storage there are several including Generac who acquired a third party. I did some comparisons between the generac storage and the PW and the PW seemed to be a better value, especially when paired with the solar install for discounts and tax rebate eligibility.

While I love Tesla’s specs and prices in energy products from my view they are unobtainable. As a solar company we have been trying to become a certified installer for Tesla and after 9 months 5 applications and 4 phone calls I can’t even get the courtesy of a confirmation call or email. I tried to push the issue by personally trying to buy a PowerWall for 7 month now with the ONLY response is that we do not currently serve your area.

• Informative
Reactions: nwdiver
I used EnergySage, both for the information on its site and to get quotes from screened installers who could not get my phone number or email address. They dumb it down, you're not going to get the level of detail that an experienced installer could teach you, but they're all about the referral fees and not scaring prospects away.

On the panel side just about anyone. However if you are looking at battery’s storage there are several including Generac who acquired a third party. I did some comparisons between the generac storage and the PW and the PW seemed to be a better value, especially when paired with the solar install for discounts and tax rebate eligibility.

Battery storage and solar options:

Enphase Ensemble
Homeowners Storage Solutions | Enphase

LG Chem (Brightbox via SunRun)
Solar Battery Storage Specifications - Brightbox

While I love Tesla’s specs and prices in energy products from my view they are unobtainable. As a solar company we have been trying to become a certified installer for Tesla and after 9 months 5 applications and 4 phone calls I can’t even get the courtesy of a confirmation call or email. I tried to push the issue by personally trying to buy a PowerWall for 7 month now with the ONLY response is that we do not currently serve your area.
I don't know if I'd want to be between a customer and Tesla....

Why not it has worked well installing wall chargers.
Their communication process is terrible.
I had my Powerwalls installed on June 10. Part of the agreement was for them to install a soft start on my AC unit. The unit has never worked properly with the soft start device (SureStart) installed. I went through a heat advisory with a malfunctioning AC unit. They required me to fill out an electronic service agreement that got lost in their system. When I call, no one can tell me how or when they are going to resolve this. Sometimes I'm told that my my problem was routed to the wrong department and that they have routed it to the right department. I decided to contact the manufacturer of the SureStart directly. They said their unit is not compatible with my system. I forwarded this information to Tesla and never heard back. A week later I decided to contact a different soft start manufacturer. They said their unit may be compatible. I forwarded this information to Tesla and haven't heard back.
It has been over a month and they still can't tell me their plan forward or when the next step is going to occur.
I'm not happy with Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and tinhtu