Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla engineer on the forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any Tesla engineer active on this forum? It would be very helpful if there would be someone lurking from time to time.
One post every month to an important discussion would be very interesting!

Unfortunately, many of our interesting discussions are around what TM will or will not do, or what TM has or has not said about the cars.

Like all companies in the public eye, TM will be very careful about what information they release into the wild, and this may well extend to frowning upon employees commenting publicly about what's going on. I'd certainly never let my name and employer be known together in a comment on their products or business.

Also, any info about progress, or lack of, on the S might be construed as stock price sensitive, and must therefore be released in a controlled fashion.

Here's hoping though.

I do know they watch these forums, though. It's a source of input to the Model S and the other projects they're working on. Still, for an important issue, I make sure I let my Tesla Customer Advocate know.

Yeah, well if there is someone from Tesla reading this, please create some apps for the iPhone that directly interact with your cars! We have all of this technology... we should be able to receive messages when someone touches the car, if someone enters it... and an inside camera should catch images and upload them to us.

I'm positive that TM employees will read this forum, they would be stupid if they did not. But like dpeilow says, Tesla has a very strict policy and leaking information is punished by Elon! There was a blogpost somewhere where he stated to place traps for it's employees.

They'd probably only limit it to one official spokesperson if they did it but it would be nice for them to chime in once and awhile. They do sometimes post on their official forum so I guess they feel no need to post here.

It is quite rare they post on their forum. I have seen many interesting questions raised and no replies from TM. I used to post on the blog a few years ago and stopped because of little feedback. I guess they have their marching orders and the primary objective is to get Model S out and into the streets.