Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Engineers and Managers are Delivering Cars in SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My coworker has his model 3 delivered by a Tesla engineer. It's kind of cool... a lot different than when mine was delivered by a delivery center employee. He said they never get to talk to the customers before and now they could. It is really fun for them.

Vacation for the engineers. They’ll get bored of the social interaction in a couple of days and be begging to get back to their cubicles :p

Honestly, I’d pay a premium to have a delivery experience that included a Tesla engineer in the mix. I love exploring how things came to be and the thought that went into it.

I can see how that’s not great if they don’t really know much about the car, though (which is kind of mind blowing).

Mine was delivered at Fremont's Delivery Center by someone who works in Tesla Factory in Manufacturing Finance.

They said they've been working crazy hours for 15 days straight. Spent a couple of days washing the cars, too!

I got there at 10 pm and left around midnight due to waiting for them to deal with customers ahead of me, and for paperwork since they had to assign a VIN to me on the spot. (My "Tesla Direct" delivery never happened earlier Friday.)

Mines was delivered with the help of 2 other Tesla owners, does that count? LoL thanks @MXWing and @b0n3z !!!

Full service baby. Negotiation, inspection, QC and all for the price of a happy meal!

Tesla needs to make their numbers so my warranty isn’t worthless.

Mostly out of self interest but partly enthusiasm for Tesla’s disruption in the EV market. ;)

Honestly, I’d pay a premium to have a delivery experience that included a Tesla engineer in the mix. I love exploring how things came to be and the thought that went into it.

I can see how that’s not great if they don’t really know much about the car, though (which is kind of mind blowing).
I could totally see that. If they're working their asses of during the day, they may not have time to dig into anything outside their area of concentration either at work or online. And, they may not even have a 3 or any Tesla.

After all, if you do 60+ hour weeks, do you think you'll have much free time to spend on TMC or other forums, esp. if you have an SO, family and kids? Even w/o that, how much time would you want to if you were working all day on something Tesla-related as it is?

I have a specific focus at my work (I test software) and there's a TON of stuff outside my team (esp. on teams that I don't work with or where we just ingest their data) that I know little or virtually nothing about. Some I understand at a high level, others like marketing and partnerships with other companies, content licensing, legal, HR, etc. have nothing to do with me.

Someone who's a process engineer, battery engineer or a mechanical engineer probably knows not that much about autopilot algorithms, neural networks or machine learning or the decisions made by the UX folks who did the car's UI.