TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EViX, Aug 17, 2012.

1. EViX

EViX New Member

Tesla enthusiasts, you can help Tesla, other EV manufacturers, utilities and governments by participating in the Electric Vehicle Information Exchange survey. The survey will help the EV industry better understand consumer wants, needs and current EV usage behavior. Let your voice be heard: http://bit.ly/M-EVIXSurvey

2. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Link doesn't work.

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

What is EViX?
    Is it a for profit company?

4. Adm

Adm Active Member

I´d say so... https://evix.com/

5. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I'm sure they'd be happy to pay a fee to be a sponsor of TMC then, in repayment for the valuable feedback they'll be selling to the industry.

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I dunno, filling out any such survey is voluntary. If someone wants to put their opinion in, why not?

8. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Why let a commercial, for profit, company solicit for free on the site? They will profit from the survey results and should, IMO, pay for that privledge. This is clearly not my call, or site or anything, but the Prius site I moderate this would never be allowed to stay for free. College student posting a survey, sure. Private party just curious about something, fine. But these sorts of survey results are of value and either the respondants to the survey should be reimbursed for that value or TMC should reap some profit..at a minumum on a "per respondant" basis based upon click-throughs.

9. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Agree 100% with EVan

10. doug

It just got my spam antennae up with the first post marketing speak (e.g., "you can help Tesla") and the masked URL.

11. doug

Karma Enthusiasts

12. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Well I guess people reading the thread now know what it's about, so they can make their own decisions.

13. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

I agree!

14. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Link looks strange anyway. Not clicking on that.

15. EViX

EViX New Member

Thanks for your feedback. The company that runs the survey is not a non-profit; however, the EV industry is certainly not what foots our bills. We provide data intelligence and analysis to automotive and energy companies, both relating to electric vehicles and other aspects of their businesses.

With that said, we were asked to survey EV drivers, enthusiasts and consumers not interested in EVs to help the industry better understand why some people and areas of the country are adopting, and why others are not. We will provide a FREE topline report of our findings on EVIX.com at the conclusion of the survey for anyone to download.

Some auto OEMs and utilities have asked us to do much more in-depth analysis, and they will be paying us for the time and resources it takes to do that analysis.

We certainly did not mean to offend anyone in this forum by asking for your participation, but rather thought that EV owners would like to contribute to the conversation shaping things like product planning and infrastructure development.

Feel free to take down our request for participation if you feel this forum is not the right place for our request. Thank you.

16. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Don't take it personally. There's a lot of questionable individuals in these parts. It's the mods' jobs to ask questions.

Will gladly take your survey.

17. EViX

EViX New Member

EVIX just published the findings report from its national, consumer electric vehicle survey, which was conducted from July to September. If you took the survey, thank you for participating. For anyone who is interested, the summary report is available to download at Electric Vehicle Information Exchange | EVIX.