TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla, Environmentalism, and Facebook

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Jackl1956, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

I advocate Tesla because I am an environmentalist and believe a solar electric economy makes great sense. In that effort, each time I am sent a web promotional video from Tesla I post to my facebook page. Taking this a step further, I am paying to promote these videos. It is a very small amount of money.

If the Tesla Motors community were to do this, what would the effect be?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I go to many car shows. My thought is that the most effective promotion is to have folks see and touch the Model S. I don't know about you, but I gloss over any promotional material in Facebook, knowing that some of it is malware and some of it isn't by folks who actually own one.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

ditto, plus I don't want to annoy my friends by constantly pushing a message down their throats.

4. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

It absolutely amazes me the ferocity that shorts and conservatives fight Tesla with. They get up every morning, and attack Tesla over and over. They are relentless. By all means Do Not annoy your friends.

5. Nichen

Nichen Member

Enthusiasm seems to scare a lot of people if we are talking big scale. And it seems to scare people A WHOLE LOT. Believe me I've been an environmentalist since I was 9 years old and I just don't understand what som people have against electric cars, biodiesel, hybrids and fuel-efficiency (I'm talking Audi A2 1.2 TDI efficency), Photo-voltaic cells, organic food etc. I just don't get it.

6. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

If you want to promote Tesla to conservative friends, acquaintances, and family members that can afford Teslas don't do it with environmentalist arguments. Do it with Anti-Oil Hawk arguments.

Teslas are made in America by an American owned company.

Most of the electricity for Model S is generated by American natural gas and coal whose price is determined by American demand and supply. The balance is mostly Nuclear which is also American sources and hydro which is obviously American sourced.

Tesla's direct competitors are largely foreign made. Half or more of the fuel for gas cars is foreign sourced and the price of oil is largely determined by Saudi and Persian Gulf state tyrannies since global demand and other supplies are largely inelastic. The upward price pressure buying a gas car puts on the global price of oil helps sustain anti-American despots from Venezuela to Iran and even our "allies" in the Gulf that filter money to anti-American terrorist.

If your gas guzzler friend call you a Tree-Hugger call them an Al-Qaeda Hugger, since they support the OPEC-Al-Qaeda terrorist complex. They really don't like that. :biggrin: It gives them pause and rethink their Tesla position.

7. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

My experience with people is they usually don't grow if pulled up by the ears. IOW environmentalist arguments play on the "you are bad and here is a way to do better" harp. People want to be enticed to change their point of view. And Tesla has a lot to offer beyond environmental concerns.

8. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#8 SwedishAdvocate, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Wrong.

Contrary to popular belief in some parts of the world, :wink: the current president in Venezuela has been democratically elected. Albeit maybe through an election similar to the one in the US in 2000, when George W. Bush won over Al Gore, even though Gore got more than half a million more votes (!) than Bush. Gore got 50.999,897 votes compared to the 50,456,002 votes that Bush got

Sources:

BBC News - Nicolas Maduro sworn in as new Venezuelan president

BBC News - Venezuela to audit votes without opposition conditions