Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EU price drops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The £ has also increased against the $, though. It also appears all outstanding orders have had their order agreements removed over the past couple of days, so it appears Tesla may be up to something. No price change on the website as yet, though.

UK LR cars have been a bit cheaper than in EU for some time, and SR+ a bit more expensive. Much of this due to FX rate but also the government grant levels (LR price here was dropped to keep it under 50k and thus get the 3k grant). Local market also plays a part, think Germany has been tougher than other places to break into, ditto France.

Chances of getting cut here possible for SR+ but not LR. SR+ too expensive vs. LR IMO, used to be 10k gap between the two, now it’s only 6.5k

My mother in law just ordered an Mini E, this is the 'deal' she got for the mid spec car.

Yes a base Model 3 has more range, yes a Model 3 had access to Superchargers, but is that worth £15k more than a Mini?

The RWD Taycan is now on near price parity with the Model S.

I love our X, but its not 2015 any more, Tesla cannot keep on charging a premium for their cars due to been the only interesting EV on sale.

50862014376_d33b65af4e_c_d.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
You could make much the same argument about Tesla as with Apple.

Is it worth £15k more in "bill of materials" terms? Probably not, but since when has X ever been worth more than Y unless you're talking about brand and aspirational qualities?

That's not to say that Tesla won't have to work harder as more competition appears, but they were and remain the EV brand. That comes at a premium.

I would add that Tesla is absolutely not the EV brand "for the masses". That much is clear in the pricing, and the fact that other manufacturers are always likely to end up being cheaper.

A Mini is a car "for the masses".

EDIT: I should say that I don't have anything against Minis :)

Last edited:
My mother in law just ordered an Mini E, this is the 'deal' she got for the mid spec car.

Yes a base Model 3 has more range, yes a Model 3 had access to Superchargers, but is that worth £15k more than a Mini?

I love our X, but its not 2015 any more, Tesla cannot keep on charging a premium for their cars due to been the only interesting EV on sale.

£299 per month lease on a ID3, much better value than this. The range is appalling for 25K. Compliance car or what. Yes the market is opening up now but MINI/BMW not leading the way. Note Manufacturer RRP=30000

You could have bought an electric mini a decade ago with basically the same spec and people weren’t telling people back then what a great deal it was.