Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EU price drops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Model 3 prices have been dropped across several EU countries.

For a family living in the department of Bouches-du-Rhône (say, in Marseilles) earning 41,000€ or less per year, with the government eco-discount, family tax discount and local department discounts, they could get a Model 3 Standard + for 26,800€. This is very much a 'best case'.

Normal newly released list prices with government EV discounts are S+ 36800€, LR 48990€ P 56,990€

S+ gets 7000€ government discount the other two, 3000€. As with Bouches-du-Rhône, some other departments offer further discount.

Reactions: Rustybkts
Yes a base Model 3 has more range, yes a Model 3 had access to Superchargers, but is that worth £15k more than a Mini?

I see Tesla as primery competing with fast BMW 3s not small city cars.

You could have bought an electric mini a decade ago with basically the same spec and people weren’t telling people back then what a great deal it was.

Due to much improved charging networks, it is now patical to uee a short range EV for the occasional long distance trip. Cities starting to make it expensive for drivers of older ICE and limited small automatic in the 2nd hand macket is starting to make a new EV an reasonable optional compared to a 2nd hand ICE for some people.

I can can see the eMini being a great option for many disabled drivers as automatica defrost and no need to get help at a fuel station is very nice.

£299 per month lease on a ID3, much better value than this. The range is appalling for 25K. Compliance car or what. Yes the market is opening up now but MINI/BMW not leading the way. Note Manufacturer RRP=30000

Lease vs PCP is apples vs oranges. Especially now final PCP values are now conservative.

Anyway I would take a base Model 3 over the Mini or ID.3 any day. It might well be more expensive, but I think the vfm is still right up there.

I think the new pricing in Germany before government grants is €58k for Performance, €53k for LR. Which equates to ~£51.5k for Performance, ~£47k for LR. If they implemented those prices in the UK, with the £3k grant we'd be at ~£44k for the LR. Not sure why we haven't seen the price changes also!

I think the new pricing in Germany before government grants is €58k for Performance, €53k for LR. Which equates to ~£51.5k for Performance, ~£47k for LR. If they implemented those prices in the UK, with the £3k grant we'd be at ~£44k for the LR. Not sure why we haven't seen the price changes also!

Different market, different currency, LHD volumes higher etc. I would not be at all surprised to see UK prices higher than Euro. Unless Tesla start to struggle shifting M3 stock I don’t see any incentive to reduce prices.

Germany cut VAT temporarily due to Covid so that is currently 16% on everything versus 19% normally and 20% here. So that is a couple of grand there.

With new RHD vehicles seemingly coming from China is it likely that cheaper labour costs could result in reduced prices? Between that and increased competition from the likes of the ID.3 and Polestar 2, I wonder whether Tesla are ruminating over the price. My new M3LR is due to be delivered at the beginning of March, and my order agreement has disappeared. However, there’s been no changes to the prices on the website, so it could just be coincidence.

I can see a small drop after this quarter and the outstanding orders have been delivered. Alot arriving on boats at the moment and price changes would mean people cancelling and reordering Inventory.

With new RHD vehicles seemingly coming from China is it likely that cheaper labour costs could result in reduced prices? Between that and increased competition from the likes of the ID.3 and Polestar 2, I wonder whether Tesla are ruminating over the price. My new M3LR is due to be delivered at the beginning of March, and my order agreement has disappeared. However, there’s been no changes to the prices on the website, so it could just be coincidence.

Cheaper costs for Tesla don’t necessarily mean retail price reductions. Increased competition possibly could, but I still think the M3 offers the best vfm in its class. ID.3 is not really a direct competitor, although there is some overlap between high spec VW and base Tesla. Polestar 2 is a direct competitor, but are the volumes significant enough to dent M3 sales? I doubt it. EV should be a rapidly growing market for the next few years.

So who knows? M3 pricing was reduced at least twice before UK launch, so they are obviously not adverse to reducing profit margin as required. Although that was a make or break period for Tesla before the massive rise in share prices.

They will reduce the price as soon as they can keep the margin the same. Meaning they need Berlin up with the casting machine. Once Berlin is making 3s with casting expect the price in UK to drop by 3-5k.

I'm guessing this will happen somewhere around October, for the Q4 push.

Agreed need new models from Berlin with front/rear single casting and 4680 structural battery pack (reduces parts and associated production steps by 370 I believe)

Then Tesla has the opportunity to drastically reduce prices and maintain the industry leading 30%ish Margin.

It's what they did with the model Y prices in China and that's without the battery changes i.e. only the castings

Finance quotes on the website currently say valid to 31 January and I don’t remember them having a time limit on them when I ordered. Could be a price change is coming. Or maybe more favourable rates to make the cars more attractive?

Finance quotes on the website currently say valid to 31 January and I don’t remember them having a time limit on them when I ordered. Could be a price change is coming. Or maybe more favourable rates to make the cars more attractive?

Hmmm.... I'm due to pick up my model 3 that I got through Tesla loan this Friday 29th.

I got told on chat last week that if the price goes down before pick up then Tesla would honour that. Do you think I should delay pick up until Monday 1st February just in case?

I've already made my down payment and signed the loan agreement?

Hmmm.... I'm due to pick up my model 3 that I got through Tesla loan this Friday 29th.

I got told on chat last week that if the price goes down before pick up then Tesla would honour that. Do you think I should delay pick up until Monday 1st February just in case?

I've already made my down payment and signed the loan agreement?
If it were me I’d delay a day and see. Can’t lose anything that way but you may save.