Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are waiting for Q1 numbers for the Czech Republic before rearranging the top 13 countries. There was a discussion about this after February numbers but no change was made because it would be better to look at March numbers as well.

Q1 2019 Tesla registrations:

These are on the list but some of them might be removed soon:
Italy 383
Finland 209
Ireland 22

These are not on the list but some of them might be added soon:
Portugal, 479
Denmark 413
Luxembourg 76
Czech Republic, ??

For Portugal, ACAP had updated their numbers for Tesla sales in February with 124 Tesla cars sold (instead of 109) with 97 of them being Model 3. With the 15 Tesla sold in January and then the 355 in March (don't know yet how many were Model 3), the total number for Q1 should be 494.

Hi, @AndyH. We are using Nyregistreringar for Sweden. We could switch to the website you mentioned if it's a more official source but I can't find any registrations data there. Let me know if you can find it. If it's not on the website, we will stick with bilsweden.se. Thanks

@Atlantis,
124 is YTD at the end of Feb: 109+15=124
Q1 is 15+109+355= 479
Yes, use bilswedens nyregistreringar. The numbers are correct it's just that the last few days might be deferred to next quarter. Note: They usually publish numbers in their news feed a couple of days before they're available at the statistics page.

Other numbers seems difficult to obtain.

UK March SMMT data shows 711 other imports. Based on last year's Tesla portion of March "other imports" the formula estimates 450 Teslas for the month
Screenshot_20190404-175756_Chrome.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
UK March SMMT data shows 711 other imports. Based on last year's Tesla portion of March "other imports" the formula estimates 450 Teslas for the month
View attachment 393674
So that was just for the "evidence" for the data. I do want to caution though as this method - while there is clearly no better way to estimate - has consequently overestimated Tesla's share the past few months we could compare it to actual data. And that before the drop in MS/MX sales we've seen globally. So I believe that 450 is a lot lower this time around. Sadly it will take months to get the actual data.

@hobbes, shall we add Portugal and Denmark to the main list? Portugal finished Q1 with 479 and Denmark with 413 registrations. Portugal is not on the list because there was no data in 2018. Denmark is not on the list because last year's registrations were low.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
@Troy Thanks for going back and adding in the detailed data for the countries where we only had totals last week - was just about to do that wen I saw your entries! I've validated most of your numbers, but I had 2 issues:
  • For Denmark you've entered 306 Model 3s for March, but I think the actual number should be 292. If you make a new entry I am happy to validate it.
  • For France the dropdowns are missing for the validation fields so I could not do that. The data checks out though.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Troy
The official UK registration numbers for Q4 2018 are out. The total was 675 units. Our estimate was 712 units. We were off by (712-675)/675= 5.5%

Compared to Q4 2017, Q4 2018 dropped by 45%. That's definitely a big drop. Not sure why it happened. Both the S and X numbers dropped equally.

yzl145A.png

Source file

UK only publishes quarterly numbers instead of monthly. We use SMMT data (Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders) to split the quarterly numbers into monthly. This is explained here.

ezKVeGj.png

UK numbers also include registrations by trim level:

e2G8ZJG.png

Source file

Last edited:
@aubreymcfato, check out the list here for data sources we use. We try to pick the best source for each country. Official or institutional sources are preferred if there is one.

@AndyH, you found the correct source for Denmark. You can use the form here to add the data. Any forum member can. We encourage entries by forum members. Somebody else will check the data to avoid errors. Currently, 3 or 4 people check all entries and it helps if others submit them. Btw, right click to the Excel link, copy it and use that as data source. Edit: I just noticed that Model X seems to be missing on the spreadsheet. Maybe it's better to wait for them to update this page.

Last edited: