Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@schonelucht, Finland Oct data source here in cell 'Pc 30 makes'!C40 shows 4 units. Can you check again?
By the way, I recommend not approving Germany numbers unless it is for Model S and Model X. The data source for Germany's Model S and Model X registration numbers is the FZ10 PDF or Excel file here. This file is added 2-3 days after the Tesla number is published. Therefore users submit the Tesla number but I suggest ignoring those.

@ggnykk, in the opening message, there is a tabbed charts section under the purple Model S&X table. If you select the 'Map 1' tab here, it now shows all registrations so far since sales began in Europe. You can hover over each country to see the total number. If you want a table, there is a table here (second column from last on the country table in the opening message) but it shows the latest quarter instead latest month. Map 1 will show the latest month after entries for that month are completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ggnykk
@schonelucht, Finland Oct data source here in cell 'Pc 30 makes'!C40 shows 4 units. Can you check again?
By the way, I recommend not approving Germany numbers unless it is for Model S and Model X. The data source for Germany's Model S and Model X registration numbers is the FZ10 PDF or Excel file here. This file is added 2-3 days after the Tesla number is published. Therefore users submit the Tesla number but I suggest ignoring those.

@ggnykk, in the opening message, there is a tabbed charts section under the purple Model S&X table. If you select the 'Map 1' tab here, it now shows all registrations so far since sales began in Europe. You can hover over each country to see the total number. If you want a table, there is a table here (second column from last on the country table in the opening message) but it shows the latest quarter instead latest month. Map 1 will show the latest month after entries for that month are completed.
I looked into it. Extremely useful data and great graphics!! thanks a lot!

Reactions: Troy
Hi, everybody. For Germany, we can use the FZ10 PDF file on THIS page that shows the Model S and X numbers separately. The file is added on the 5th-7th of each month. Here is a screenshot that shows the file location.

oRaJ1kt.jpg

Hi, everybody. We have just switched to 2017 tables. If you want to see 2016 or previous years data, you can find the links in the opening message above the first table.

The tables in the opening message show the top 13 countries based on 2016 registration numbers. These represent 98.4% of Tesla registrations in Europe. If you are interested in one of the countries not listed here, I recommend the | EAFO website. This website was not very good when they opened a year ago but now it seems much better. In fact, their numbers are very close to ours but they don't update their data as quickly as we do.

Interesting - Switzerland shows nearly the same figures but has >10x less inhabitants than Germany - who is one of the leading countries in Europe promoting alternative energy...amazing registration number in Norway.

Hi Atlantis,

Portugal is a new country that was added to the THIS list recently. Hobbes and I are aware that some users are interested in Portugal stats so we started monitoring it along with other countries on that list. The plan is to check the numbers once a year for all low-volume countries and move them to the main list if they reach 0.3% of registrations in Europe (3 units registered in that country per 1000 units in Europe). If you see this happen let us know. Thanks

Source websites that could be useful for Portugal:
aran.pt
acap.pt

Hi Troy,
you promised, that you will move to main list countries, which reach 0.3% of registrations in Europe. Last year it was reached by 15 countries, the last three of them are Luxembourg, Czech Republic and Spain. I think some people in some countries tried hard to stay or come to the main list. Do you think you can extend the list to the 15 countries? Thanks.

Hi, @Ondra. If the country you are interested in is not listed, I recommend the Eafo.eu website. It's really good. The only difference between this wiki and the Eafo data is that we display the same numbers a little sooner but the data is the same.

The plan has changed since last year because it turns out, my original idea was too ambitious. Data collection is hard work. Each entry has to be submitted by someone and checked by someone else. Also, the technical limitations of the forum software make it difficult to add more countries. Tesla keeps expanding to more countries in Europe. They are now in 29 countries. Here is the list from number 14 to 29.

These 16 low volume countries currently correspond to 1.6% of Tesla's Europe sales and we have an automated mechanism that adds their count to the "Other countries" row. In other words, they are counted but not shown by individual names. Things are not going to get any easier when Model 3 sales start. Maybe I should have said 0.4% instead 0.3%. Unfortunately, we need to limit the list because of technical and practical reasons.

Last edited:
Hi, @FlatSix911. I'm glad you like this project. It's a team effort. We have a nice group of volunteers here helping out with data collection and double-checking the data etc. @hobbes and I always welcome new volunteers. I think this project is going to become more interesting later this year when Model 3 sales start.

The official data from Norway says 98 for this month. However Model S and X fell out of the top 20 list and so we don't get the individual numbers anymore. itanywhere lists 100 cars for February split up as 56S/44X. I propose to enter 55S/43X. Ie, using the split ratio from itanywhere but total from the same source we always use. Thoughts? @Troy ?

Hi @schonelucht and @mrdoubleb. Let me talk to @hobbes about this and get back to you. In the meanwhile, we can use the method you described.

There are some challenges here. If we use the OFV as the data source and the itanywhere data to split the MS, MX numbers, then it will be unclear to the user where the split came from. In these situations, we display the numbers in orange but applying the orange color to this specific case will require an additional checkbox in the input form. Of course, instead of OFV, we could use itanywhere as the data source but this website looks like an amateur project. They could decide to close it down anytime. We don't want to end up with links that open to broken web pages. OFV is a much better source because it is a large institution. I think they have a semi-official, independent status.

Last edited: