Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Calculation for France November 2017:

Once again our friends at Avere France did not include the numbers for the bars on their graph, so I had to defer to pixel measurements. I am not a professional photo editor or digital artists and have only used a free tool which allows you to measure an object and set it as "1 cm". After that, everything you select will be relative to that.

On Avere France, the November report published under the news items listed 3 models with numbers. I selected the highest, the Renault Zoe as "1 cm" and based on that, No 2, the Smart was 0,21 cm or 21% of the Zoe. No 3, the BMW i3 was 20%. Using that much data, and knowing both the Smart and the i3 delivery numbers, I could use those as control points for the calculated data and my numbers appear to be 98-99% accurate. With that, here is the math:

upload_2017-12-6_20-10-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-6_20-9-18.png
    upload_2017-12-6_20-9-18.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Avere France is out with the 2017 totals, but sadly, only the Model S is named in the report (862 units total, meaning 130 for December), Model X is not. So, knowing the top sellers and Model S, once again I had to resort to image measuring tools. Not too accurate given the low resolution of the picture in the PDF, but I guess better than nothing.

I used Nissan Leaf as a control point. Reported units were 2381 and according to my measurements, the bar is 2.75x higher than Model S, which gives 2370 units. That's an error of -11, or 0.5%, however the Model X bar is pretty small, so the error could be a bit higher. I measured twice, both sides of the column and the results were identical though. Long story short, the Model X bar is 60.5% of the Model S bar, which computes 521 units for 2017. Knowing we had 464 until end of November, this gives 57 units for December.

Last edited:
Reactions: Troy
Hi ,
Just looked at teslastats.no and it shows 2462 total with 1429 and 1033 regs.
It appears to be a quasi official site so not sure re marginal difference vs 2455.

Thanks for all the work you do!!!!

Teslastats is not an official site, but it pulls data directly from the Norwegian DMV database.
The data is acurate and up to date with official registration stats.

Reactions: nasatech
Hi ,
Just looked at teslastats.no and it shows 2462 total with 1429 and 1033 regs.
It appears to be a quasi official site so not sure re marginal difference vs 2455.

Thanks for all the work you do!!!!

teslastats.no shows all registered Teslas and not just the one sold by Tesla Norway. So, if someone buys a Tesla in Sweden, Denmark or any other country and brings it to Norway for registration, it will show up on the stats (registered in Norway). The official numbers are only cars sold by Tesla Norway in Norway.

teslastats.no shows all registered Teslas and not just the one sold by Tesla Norway. So, if someone buys a Tesla in Sweden, Denmark or any other country and brings it to Norway for registration, it will show up on the stats (registered in Norway). The official numbers are only cars sold by Tesla Norway in Norway.

Do you know, by any chance, if some Tesla stores are on vacation right now? 2 Teslas per day seems a bit low for Norway ;-)

Hi everybody,

2017 tables have been finalized. You can see the numbers here. The total was 28,303 units compared to 16,226 in 2016. That's 74% increase. 2017 was an excellent year for Tesla in Europe. Spain was among the top 13 countries. Therefore we will have monthly numbers for Spain in 2018. Q4 2017 UK numbers will be updated later after 8 March 2018 when we have the official numbers.

In 2017, besides our project manager Hobbes and I, the following users submitted entries:

mrdoubleb 97 entries, schonelucht 39, Spidy 7, Lesifass 6, andrewas 2, aubreymcfato 2, nasatech 2, velociped77 2, Borka 1, Elektroniker 1, maXOLAR 1. Mrdoubleb and Schonelucht were also one of the 4 people double checking each entry manually. Thank you to all participants who have helped with this project in 2017.

If people want to participate in data collection this year, step by step instructions can be found when you click on the date in the last column. For example, here is the link you would click for Spain:

Ie3mqsh.gif

Last edited: