TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Europe Registration Stats

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Hi, thanks for posting this! You can enter the data directly into our database here.
    Please make sure to provide a link that leads directly to the number you submit.

2. Troy

Troy Active Member

@hobbes, 33 units is actually for April. May was not released yet.

3. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Ah, thx. Edited post. Google sheet entry shows correct month - did you change it already or did I only get it wrong here?

4. Sean Wagner

Sean Wagner Member

#124 Sean Wagner, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  5. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

@Troy @hobbes I've validated April for Spain so now the data is live in the table. On a separate note, it will be interesting to see how June turns out, if they have managed to even out the quarter a bit. We'd still need 3k in June (Europe totals) to match Q1.

• Like x 1
  6. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  7. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

@Troy @hobbes what is our process for updating the UK numbers with actuals?

I've just checked out of curiosity and if I read it right the q1 2018 numbers are out in the government database. Looks like we had 834 registrations vs. The 935 we've estimated. I imagine we want to break up that 834 into 3 months and enter it as the actual data.

• Informative x 1
  8. Teslie

Teslie Member

9. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

@schonelucht are you sure about your July numbers for Sweden? You've entered 31 S and 14 X, but I see 65 S and 31 X. (I've validated the rest of the entries).
    sweden_07_2018.JPG

10. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

@mrdouble you are correct. Not sure what happened. It's probable I misread somewhere but the difference is really a lot. Would have expected me to skip a row or so at most. Maybe the numbers where still being updated because I remember hitting their website really at the moment it came online for that month.

• Helpful x 1
  11. Sabre Man

Sabre Man Member

12. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

Paging our Spanish members... it looks like the Spanish statistics site has been moved. Can you guys find out where to? I've tried looking at the main site with Google Translate but did not find any obvious menu items.

This was the previous link:
    Dirección General de Tráfico

FYI @hobbes and @Troy

• Informative x 1
  13. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

14. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Googled a bit and found this: Las ventas de coches eléctricos mantienen su crecimiento en agosto
    Shows numbers for August (which are 90% up as compared to Aug 2017 :)) but does not include Tesla (only shows top 15).

• Informative x 1
  15. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

Good news / bad news: our original Spanish source is back, but data for August is not available yet.

• Informative x 1
  16. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

@Troy
    I've added in the UK Q2 actuals based on the official data. Entered the values into your spreadsheet and it calculated the S and X figures for each month. Note: there was 1 Tesla Model Unknown car in Q2, I've added it as a Model S. Doesn't make too much of a difference if it was an S or an X, I suppose.

While your method of the monthly estimates is the best option we have, just would like to note, that once again we have slightly overestimated Tesla's share - 991 projected, 921 actual (+8%). Not much we can do about it, but something to keep in mind when looking at our Q3 estimates.

17. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

@hobbes realized i left you off of this message. Not sure which one of you will have time to double check my UK Q2 actuals.

18. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

@bonaire, thanks for submitting Norway numbers for September (nice numbers too, btw :) ). I replaced the source with the site Bilsalget - Ofv AS though, as we prefer official numbers if we have the choice.

19. aubreymcfato

aubreymcfato Member

@Troy and @hobbes: I think that Norway numbers for Sept are wrong. It's either 2013 or 2016.

• Informative x 1
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.